Pages

Blogger Interview: Fragments of Life




About the Blogger:

Avid reader, reviewer and aspiring writer. I'm an 18 year old college student taking up Bachelor of Arts in European Languages, major in Spanish and minor in Creative Writing, from the University of the Philippines, Diliman. I review YA books, mostly paranormal romance, urban fantasy and dystopian. The books that I review here are bought by me unless stated. My mission in life is to read all angel/fallen/nephilim books.

About the Blog:

The rating scale for Fragments of Life

e

5 Cupids: Awesome! I'm bound to reread this for countless times and I highly recommend that you grab a copy now!

d

4 Cupids: Great! Entertaining and definitely worth it.

c

3 Cupids: Good! Sometimes I didn't feel as hooked into the story as much as I wanted to.

b

2 Cupids: It was okay. It was a so-so read.

a

1 Cupid: I didn't enjoy reading it at all.



Interview:

How long have you been blogging?

I have been blogging for almost 6 months now.

Why did you decide to blog?

Initially, my blog was dedicated to my writing. But after encountering problems in relation to writing contests and such, I decided to stop posting my pieces online. After a while, I saw how full of life the blogging community in Blogger was. I decided to blog because I was spending my money and devoting my time on YA books. And then, I figured that since I was doing that, I might as well make the most out of it and share my thoughts about the books that I’ve read. Brodie, a wonderful bookish friend of mine, gave me the final push and encouraged me to start writing reviews.

What books do you blog about and why?

I blog about Young Adult books but I also blog about Adult novels as long as they have paranormal content. I specifically read YA books because they fit my age. And YA books tend to be more expressive, intense and fun. The exploration and the discovery stage of teen years never fail to fascinate me and once paranormal element has been added, it becomes the best of both worlds – the ultimate read for an 18 year old college student like me, who simply loves to read.

What memes can be found on your blog?

I try to be unique, as unique as I can possibly be. I have Fast Forward Monday which was inspired by Waiting on Wednesday, Spotted which features interviews of authors concerning their writing and their upcoming books, and Angelic Friday which is temporarily inactive. Angelic Friday features my reviews of books that explore the lives of fallen angels, angels and Nephilims. I also have In My Mailbox which does not show up on a weekly basis in my blog but instead shows up when I do receive books and have the time to post them.

What is your review style like?

It depends on the book, really. I focus on the things that have caught my attention. But most of the time, I start with elaborating the personality of the main character then head to the problem or the plot, and then to the way the author wrote, as well as the unique elements incorporated in the book. I always end with my own description of the book.

If you can describe your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

Honest. Everything I post is sincere. I blog to share my thoughts, to share information, and to help in promotional purposes.

What advice can you give other bloggers about blogging?

There is an amazing sense of gratification when I get comments and positive feedbacks in my posts. Through blogging, I have met awesome bloggers and authors. However, I do have concerns in real life and as much as I want to just stay home and blog, I cannot. I need to study hard and get good grades. Just have fun. Be honest and be sincere in what you do. Know your priorities in life.

What kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

So far, I have not done any promotion technique to get followers. Most of my followers were a result of my networking via the Book Blogger Hop meme hosted by Jennifer from Crazy-for-Books.

If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

There is more to the story. There is more to the hot characters. There is more to the vampires, werewolves and angels. There are lessons weaved within the story. Pick these up.

What can readers look forward to from your blog in the future?

In the future, there will be more memes, more reviews, more interviews and there will be contests in an attempt to thank my followers and to celebrate each milestone.

Blogger Remarks:

Thank you very much, Precious, for giving us your time to answer some questions. Your participation in this Blogger Interview segment is invaluable. For more on Fragments of Life, click on the button featured at the top of this post. Next week, I'll be interviewing Jess from The Tales Compendium.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful interview! I love finding out more about my favorite book bloggers. Great feature. :)

    xx,
    E.J.

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.