Pages

Blogger Interview: Narratively Speaking





About the Blogger:

My name is Lynsey, I live in the UK and am a registered nurse. I love to read and am an avid reader of YA fiction, urban fantasy and paranormal romance. I mostly read YA but also read some adult titles especially if they fall under the paranormal romance category.

Narratively Speaking was born in January 2010. I'd been reading YA books for some time and had no one to really share my thoughts with so I decided to set up a blog to give honest reviews about the books I read. Through my blog, I was hoping to connect with other like minded individuals out in the blogosphere and share thoughts and feelings about books that we'd read.

My favourite authors include Maggie Stiefvater, Claudia Gray, Jennifer Laurens, Stephenie Meyer and Nora Roberts (adult books). I also love discovering debut novels and new authors.

About the Blog:

I review YA/teen books and cross-over adult titles that sit within the following genres: Paranormal, Contemporary, Dystopian, Fantasy, Science fiction and Historical. I will not review Middle Grade fiction, autobiographies, or non-fiction books.

I will accept printed ARC's, Galleys, fininshed copies, audio books, PDF's and E-books. I cannot guarantee that I will review the book but I can guarantee that I will take a look at it. I write honest reviews in a professional manner. If I truly don't like a book at all then I will not write a review for it.



1. How long have you been blogging?

I’ve been blogging since the beginning of the year so about 7-8 months now.

2. Why did you decide to blog?

As I’ve said on my blog, I’d been reading YA books for some time and had no one to share my thoughts with so I decided to set up a blog to give honest reviews about the books I read. Through my blog, I was hoping to connect with other like minded individuals out in the blogosphere and share thoughts and feelings about books that we’d read. As it turns out, I’m still loving it and have made some pretty special friends too J.

3. What books do you blog about and why?

Mostly Young Adult/Teen books although I also like paranormal romance, Urban Fantasy and a bit of Chick Lit (I’m a huge fan of Nora Roberts). I only really review the YA books though.

4. What memes can be found on your blog?

I take part in “Waiting on Wednesday”. I used to participate in “In My Mailbox” but recently decided against this. I think that these kinds of posts incite jealousy and a sort of unintentional bragging. I’d much rather let people know what I’ll be reading next which is a different way of letting people know what books I have without being all up in their face about it. It’s just my personal opinion though and I have nothing against people taking part in that meme.

5. What is your review style like?

Like me! I write in a very conversational way and it reads just like I would be telling a best friend about a good book I’d read.

6. If you can describe your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

AWESOME! LOL

7. What advice can you give other bloggers about blogging?

Oh there’s lots of advice out there and some bloggers like “Presenting Lenore” have even written posts about it. I think the biggest piece of advice is to just be yourself. Write from the heart and don’t copy or plagiarise someone else’s writing because you will be found out. I admit to being worried about my writing style at one point but then I relaxed as I realised at least it is my own words so what does it matter? It’s a reflection of MY thoughts and feelings.

8. What kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

Everyone loves a contest, don’t they?! However, my hope is that once they get to the site and enter the contest, they will like what they see and want to stick around for a while. I also advertise my reviews on twitter and sometimes facebook. I also try to post my reviews on GoodReads, Amazon etc.

9. If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

A sense of who I am and hopefully good quality reviews that will help inform decision making about whether they want to read a book or not. I love getting comments, especially when someone says that they have bought a book based on reading my review :D

10. What can readers look forward to from your blog in the future?

I’m continuing to write good quality, honest reviews. I’ve also made it more organised now so you can find things more easily and I’m starting to add book trailers and videos to the site. Now that I’m a more established blog, I’m getting more review copies so I can write reviews of books that have yet to be published and sometimes offer the ARC in a contest. I’ve also recently set up UK Book Tours (http://ukbooktours.blogspot.com), a separate website dedicated to sharing books and ARCs with other UK YA book bloggers.

Blogger Remarks:

If you've been an avid follower of this blog, you would have read my special post on Lynsey about her giving me ASH. For those who haven't read that post, you can find it here. Anyway, I would like to thank Lynsey for taking the time to answer my questions. I really appreciate it. Next week, I will be featuring Jenny from Wondrous Reads.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate,

    What an awesome site you have here. And your book reveiws are a real service to their authors. I will continue to check back, and I will recommend your site to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Margaret. I truly appreciate the praise. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope to hear from you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.