Pages

Author Interview: Erika Swift



Abigail Johnson was afraid of falling in love and getting hurt again, but she really did want that. She was a one of a kind. When she is confronted with Logan and his love, she takes steps to fall in love, but is still afraid of taking that leap.

Logan Knight is a one of a kind man. He is talented in the kitchen and only wants to love the woman of his dreams. Breaking through her barriors and walls was a challenge. He planned on doing everything in his power to make sure he had his love in his arms every day and night.

Abby had to ask herself what if she took that leap of faith? What if she just fell in love and let love carry her? Would she be brave enough to try?

She simply had to take the leap to find out…

About the Author:

I love to write and I write a lot. I don't know what to say! Getting to this point has certainly been a fun, challenging journey!

I am so happy to have started this and with the encouragement of another published author and my family and friends, I took my dream to a whole new level and am sending off my manuscript to a publishing house. Now that I have done that, my true journey begins. Learning about the publishing world, reviewers, bloggers who review books, new and/or old. This whole process has been a wonderful one!

This is my official page for all news, updates, book signings, publishing news and more titles from E.J.Diamond. E. J. "Diamond" is the pen name I used since my grandmother told me writing was like a diamond. It starts out looking ugly but the finished product is gorgeous and its shines so brightly. E.J are the first initials of my twins, Ezekiel and Jazmen. They are a HUGE part in my writing and my life. They are my inspiration to keep going and they also sometimes give me more ideas for titles.

I want to thank all those who have stood by me, encouraged me and I know that with all your inspiration, encouragement and love, this will go far! Things are about to take a big leap!



Interview:

1. When did you decide to start writing?

I've been a writer since I was born...lol...but I started doodling and writing short stories around my grandmothers house at the age of 7 and she sat down with me one night and introduced the eitquette and tuning of Creative Writing and told me I could take my short stories and make them into something bigger.


2. What is your genre and why did you decide to write a novel in it?

Romance is my favorite genre. I decided on that genre because I am a sucker for love and a true die hard romantic. Someone needs a blind date planned, a wedding planned or something romantic, they come to me. I think that being romantic helps people -me- to believe in that happy ending, to believe in love, to believe in romance.

3. Were you worried about the word count of your work?

Yes! Oh, I may have had 110 pages but with formating and the publishers editing things, it got cut down to 88 pages and my word count, I believe, was 7K still... I love to write and the word count had never phased me before until the publishers said they'd take on my work.

4. Do you have any writing quirks and what are they?

Spelling errors are my biggest issue and when I cant find my character time line. I hate making mistakes and not catching it. Sometimes I put in a word that is correct but not correct in that context I am using. I get irrated with myself and it makes proof reading fun!

5. If you can describe your novel in one word, what would it be and why?

Truth. In my book, Abigail, has to face fears on being true to herself and to Logan so that they may love and have a future. Learning to love after being hurt is VERY hard (personal experience there) and it requires you sitting down with yourself and asking why you aren't being true to that person and to yourself.

6. How did you decide on the title and what does it mean?

Beauty and Her Beast didnt come easy. Once I wrote out a page worth of titles, I noticed that they all dealt with beauty in some sense. So, Beauty was to be in the title. In all of us there is beauty, even if its not on the outside. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and skin deep. As for the "Beast" part, I noticed that when we are in love, something, someone, this "beast" takes over us. Some people act tottally different when in love, some people do different things when in love and some devour others in love. So the Beauty and the Beast are simply things that are in us when we, as humans, fall in love.

7. What do you hope your readers will get out of reading your novel?

Hope that everyone is going to get their knight and/or princess. Everyone wants to be loved and I want to put that belief and hope into readers when they read this book and the ones to come.

8. Tell us a little about your road to publication.

It wasn't easy. Most editors dont EVER see your manuscript, so you think of alternate routes, like self publishing, digital publishers, etc. For me, I had put the idea of being self published and published on the back burner. I just had twins and I was focused on them, with writing at night and at work, and then a friend got published and I asked here where, looked up the company, and submitted my manuscript. Within weeks, things were happening so fast, I am still playing catch up. The company decided to support me and publish my book. I was so happy and excited!

9. What advice can you give other aspiring authors out there?

RESEARCH everything. Not only your characters, your sites but your publishing company has well. Make sure they have your best interests at heart and that they want your book sold as much as you do. Write out a time line, character line and all the characters. Dont ever give up on your dream, even if it is to be self published, keep trucking. The moment you give up, you are defeated, don't make typos and not correct them, its a turn off to some people.

Blogger Remarks:

Thank you so much Erika for giving us your time. For those who want to contact Erika, you may proceed to these links:

http://ejdiamondwriter.webs.com/
http://twitter.com/ejdiamondwrites
http://ejdiamondwrites.blogspot.com/
http://tinyurl.com/EJ-DiamondFanPage

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.