Pages

Blogger Interview: More Than Just a Book



About the Blogger:

I am a 15-year old book-obsessed teen who reads YA fiction books and stalks-I mean- talks about her favorite authors and their books on a blog. I post my honest opinion(otherwise known as reviews)on the books I read and I love getting the word out about a good book and great new authors!





About the Blog:


YA!YA!YA! This blog is all about Young Adult books. Anything that I can find about Young Adult books: both author and book news, new releases,book trailers and anything else about Young Adult Fiction I can find that is interesting: I post it. I also review the books I read: new,old, and not-yet released.I love posting about YA debut authors and their books because I am excited to see what they have to offer. Ocasionally I will talk about my experiences and events as a Teen reader. This blog is dedicated to teen readers and the young at heart! This isn't just my blog: it belongs to the whole Young Adult books reader community.I really hope you enjoy it!



Interview:

How long have you been blogging?

I have been blogging for almost a month now, and loving it!

Why did you decide to blog?

One of the reasons I decided to create a blog knowing close to nothing about blogging and web design, was that I love when people ask me what books I recommend and I have been told I am pretty good at it. Another reason was that I have always loved reading and when I am not reading, I'm the computer. So I decided to mix the both things I loved. And ta-da! More Than Just A Book Was Created.

What books do you blog about and why?

I blog about any Young Adult book that catches my attention(that sounds like a good read) no matter what the genre is(romance,paranormal,fantasy,etc.) as long as its fiction and Young Adult. One reason is because it is my age genre, but I have a feeling that even when I am a 40 year old I will be reading Young Adult books. And because Young Adult books talk about things I can relate to and things that I wish we're real.

What memes can be found on your blog?

Well, since I just started blogging I don't have many memes. But I am going try to keep them original and interesting.But I will also participate in other blog memes since its a fun way to interact with other fellow bloggers. In the Spotlight is one meme I will post, where I pick an upcoming book that I think is going to be a good read or an exciting sequel, post information about them, and talk about them. And the meme is random since I can't wait to post the book I find and so I just post it the day I find it. The other new one I will post is Stuffed Bookshelf where I post about the books I either bought or received. I just bought a bookshelf and with every book I get the bookshelf gets stuffier, hence the name. This meme is also random. But I am looking forward to posting new and interesting memes in the future.

What is your review style like?

First I like to post what the book is about, a quick summary, because others might have not heard of the book.Then, my honest opinion and review, I try to keep it short and to the point. I give the well deserved credit to the author at the end of the post by talking a little bit about him/her. And of course, thank them for writing such a wonderful book! I also like to post a little teaser quote from the book, usually random quote one that doesn't give anything away.If the book contains some content for older readers I will talk about that as well.

If you can describe your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

Spontaneous. One day I can post about books 3 times, other days I will post 1 because I don't find anything interesting to blog about. You never know what you're going to get.Also the way the blog looks changes occasionally.

What advice can you give other bloggers about blogging?

Followers, while very important, shouldn't be the reason for you to quit blogging. Even if you have 5 followers, those 5 followers matter and they began following you for a reason.Post your honest opinion and no one else's. Never get discouraged because you don't know much about web design or you see other peoples blogs have more followers or are more attractive-looking. You will learn about blogging as you go and get followers along the way. And meet great people while doing so!

What kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

I join Ning networks such as Book Blogs and Teen Fire to get the word out about my blog and to make friends online. I also have a Twitter and Goodreads accounts to post my reviews and talk about my recent posts.And It is also a great way to meet and interact with authors, other bloggers, and more importantly followers.Giveaways is something I am also looking forward to having in the near future.

If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

That books are more than just paper with words in them. They tell stories that can make you cry, get excited, and have about every emotion in between.They can take you places and that they are not boring at all. That is how I came up with the blog name. And unlike the blog's look, I am sticking to it.

What can readers look forward to from your blog in the future?

Hopefully giveaways, author interviews, more book news, and reviews. Occasionally you'll see some changes in the blog's look because I just can't seem to make my mind about it! Definitely some changes in the blog's content because I will hopefully get more Ideas for memes, polls, and other fun stuff around the blogosphere.

Blogger Remarks:

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic answers to the questions, Alex. You're off to a pretty great start with your blog. For more on More Than Just a Book, you can click on the blog button featured at the top of this post. Next week, we have the pleasure to reading about Kate from The Book Buff.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your blog. I have been doing it for nearly a year and I find it interesting and informative. For a relatively recent YA release that still needs a lot of readers, please visit my blog and leave a comment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.