Pages

Blogger Interview: For a Rainy Day

About the Blogger:

Hi! I'm Emily, I'm a 22 yr old English/ journalism major who loves reading. I've had a passion for books for as long as I can remember! Probably even before I could read. I also love to write and hope to someday to have my own stories published. I just need to finish one first!





About the Blog:





My book blog started out as a log for myself about the books I've read so I could remember them, and remember how i felt and what i enjoyed about them. Soon it turned into a full on book blog. Now my blog is all about books I have, want or need to read. I have reviews, new books coming out, events, and much more.





Interview:

How long have you been blogging?

I started blogging about 2 years ago off and on, on my personal blog. But I started by book blog back in June, so only about 4 months.

Why did you decide to blog?

I started book blogging to keep a log of the books i've read and what I thought about them. I hated being like, 'Oh ya i've read that book, but i can't remember it very well, and the things i liked and didn't like about it' It started out more as a journal and then I began getting followers and then it turned into a full on book blog.

What books do you blog about and why?

I mostly blog about the books I enjoy reading, fantasies, thrillers, mysteries, young adult books and the occasional memoir.

What memes can be found on your blog?

I don't usually have too many memes. My book blog is still new so I'm still figuring those things out.

What is your review style like?

Mostly my opinion. I try not to be to be kind to the author and mostly I enjoy the books I read, so a lot of the reviews are good ones. Its never too flowery, I try not to give away too much of the book either.

If you can describe your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

Simple, its got a nice and clean and simple layout, I try to keep things organized looking on my blog, also I haven't got too much going on yet since its still new.

What advice can you give other bloggers about blogging?

Its fun, you've got to enjoy it. Its not just about followers (although its nice to know people like to read your blog), And try and promote it as best you can. But mainly you've get to enjoy writing it, because then other people will enjoy reading it.

What kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

I haven't done too many promotional things, i've recently joined a few book sites such as Goodreads.com and others. But thats about it.

If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

To get a good opinion on a potential book they might want to read. I really want people to trust my opinion and take a chance to read some of the books I am able to review.

What can readers look forward to from your blog in the future?

They can look forward to more and more great book reviews. Also going to be trying to update it a bit, make it a little more exciting for people to come and read!

Blogger Remarks:

Thank you so much Emily for taking the time to answer my questions. I really enjoy reading your reviews, and hopefully, through this interview, my fellow readers with discover your blog as well. Click on the picture of Emily's blog to visit her site. Next week, I'll be interviewing Chriz from All the Days Of.

4 comments:

  1. Great interview!

    Hi Kate,
    I am your newest follower,
    Have a great day!

    Amiko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview - I'm glad you're kind to authors ;-) (after all, they did work hard to produce their book). I've come here from Book Blogs where I don't seem to be able to respond to your message. Never mind, I'm following you now.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview and fun to get to know other bloggers and readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping by. I really do appreciate it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.