Pages

Book Hunt

Ever wanted a book you just couldn't find a copy of? Well, I'm currently chomping at the bit for I Am Number Four, not only because the movie is coming out next year. It seems like an interesting book with an equally interesting mystery surrounding it. But, alas, it is not yet available where I'm from. Or, at least, I think so since my favorite bookstore is undergoing renovations. Adding salt to the wound is the fact that Book Depository doesn't ship to the Philippines. I've checked the list of countries and mine isn't there. So sad when your own country is not part of some list and others are. Sigh. Maybe in a couple of months this book will land on Philippine shores. Maybe my favorite bookstore will finally finish renovating and I can order it from them. Maybe, maybe, maybe.


Nine of us came here. We look like you. We talk like you. We live among you. But we are not you. We can do things you dream of doing. We have powers you dream of having. We are stronger and faster than anything you have ever seen. We are the superheroes you worship in movies and comic books—but we are real.

Our plan was to grow, and train, and become strong, and become one, and fight them. But they found us and started hunting us first. Now all of us are running. Spending our lives in shadows, in places where no one would look, blending in. we have lived among you without you knowing.

But they know.

They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They killed them all.

I am Number Four.

I am next.






For more information on the book I Am Number Four, you can visit its official website: http://iamnumberfourfans.com/


And, as an added bonus, I want to share with you the teaser trailer for the movie:




10 comments:

  1. I feel for you. Being in Malaysia making it hard for me to have certain books as well. Though, luckily, Book Depository do ship the book over here and things have been a lot easier since I found out about it. I really hope that you'd get your hands on this book very soon. Perhaps you might win it in one of the many contests held out there ?

    Anyways, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They ship to Malaysia! Man, that's practically next door. Sad!

    But, anyway, thanks, Shy. I'll get this book...eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the book in stock at the moment I believe. If you want to pay for book 19.99AU + postage which postage for airmail should be around $9AU or $18.80AU for Registered Post International we could send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I'll exhaust all my options here first, then I'll get back to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL- never a bad time to drop off a business card, eh Mr./Mrs. Edwardstown? ^_^

    Not that I'm offended. Social Networking FTW. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha well if we have the book and people can't get it, its always nice to offer :D

    Love Ms Edwardstown >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. Introductions are in order. Lup meet Tarran, Tarran meet Lup.

    Tarran, you should visit his blog for all things werewolf. Very insightful.

    Lup, thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That totally bites that you can not get the book. I heard some about it but have yet to get it. I just may pick it up. I had no idea that they were turning it into a movie. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to pick this book up soon. Sorry that it's so hard to get books to where you are. I would die without easy access to all my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How in the heck did I not hear about this? IANF sounds wicked cool. I am definitely getting it.

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.