Pages

Sharing the News

Dearest Reader,

First of all, thank you for keeping me company these past few months. Thank you for your comments and encouragement. This blog wouldn't be what it is today without you.



I wanted to take this time to share some news with you. As you know, I've committed myself to taking my writing seriously at the beginning of this year. I've said as much in this section of Reads, Reviews, Recommends and on other sections of this website that I started last year.

As with many aspiring writers out there, I was excited with the prospect of a career in writing. I wanted nothing more than to share my stories with the world. But, even with all the excitement, I still had my doubts. There are so many horror stories out there of writers getting scammed or agents that aren't really agents. I can go on and on, and if you're an aspiring writer, I'm sure you've either heard or read of something that could make you want to give up writing for a more reliable job.



Despite my doubts, I kept on writing, receiving rejection after rejection. I reached a point where the rejections became a process of elimination. I realized that I wanted to find the right home for my novels. Months and months passed, until one day, I received an email that changed my life. Actually, they were a series of emails and a phone call.

Dearest reader, I want to share the news that I have found a home for my novels at McIntosh & Otis. I have an agent. And we're all working hard to make Lunar Heat the best that it can be. The dream is coming true. The goal of getting an agent before the end of the year as been achieved.



To believe is such a powerful thing. Sometimes, it felt like nothing was happening, but really, the belief of getting published got me through. The idea that I can do this. That I will make it. And that people share the same belief in the work that I do. For those at the end of their rope, don't let go. Keep believing. Can you really see yourself doing something else? I sure couldn't.

I just wanted to share my happiness with you, dearest reader.



To read the first chapter of Lunar Heat, click HERE. Please hit the follow button in the Stream of Subconsciousness section on your way out. Much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kate Evangelista

40 comments:

  1. Kate, Congrats to you. I know you must be filled with complete joy. I look forward to reading your book and many more. Heading over to check out chapter one now. And I hit the follow button too. Congrats again so glad your dreams are coming true.

    Jennifer @Book Noise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kate! This is fantastic!!! I'm sending my best vibes that it is a quick sell for you.

    Best,
    Ingrid Ricks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you really surprised you sold it? I'm not and I can't wait to read the rest, you write beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to see this post. I know you've kept me in the loop with the news, but there's something about seeing it in print and putting it out there for the world to see.

    Your writing is amazing. Your characters are brilliant. And I honestly can't think of anyone else who deserves such wonderful news such as this other than you.

    Looking forward to the day that Lunar Heat hits the shelves bb. Awesomeness = You ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH Kate that is amazing!!! You should be soo proud of yourself! And thank you for those words of encouragement! I am an aspiring writing and I love to hear that I'm not the only one who has had some issues Not that it's good that you had issues But I am sure you know what I mean lol

    Ok anyways Congarts Hun!!! I cannot wait to read it!!!

    Kristen
    My Bloody Fairy Tale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrations! That's fantastic news! Looking forward to seeing the finished version...... Best wishes Debs @ Debra's Book Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! This is awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kate,

    This is indeed wonderful new!
    Congratulations and the best of luck!
    Brenda Youngerman
    Restored Hope
    Sorrowed Souls
    Hidden Truths
    Public Lies
    Private Scars

    ReplyDelete
  9. BIG CONGRATS!!!! That is fantastic! I am totally so happy for you!!!! I wish you all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! I know you must be elated! Please continue keeping us updated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go! I'm so happy for you! Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kate,
    it was worth all the efforts!
    Congratulations.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Kate! I knew you could do it! Can't wait to see your books on my shelf :D
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy for you Kate. The hard work and confidence in yourself has paid off. I just sent out my query package last week, so am at the beginning of the journey you've just finished (Ha, are we ever finished?). Keep us informed, because I'd like to know what comes ahead (after one finds an agent). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah I'm so happy for you! Congrats!! Things really happen when you least expect it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! That is awesome! Am so glad you found a home for your books!

    Best Wishes!
    Kim
    A Little Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!! What you say is so true - if you want it and believe it, eventually it will come to fruition. I can't wait to read Lunar Heat!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That first chapter was awesome. I was gripped from the getgo. And Noey's song is appropriately haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done Kate and congratulations!
    the Secret Writer

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kudos, Kate and best of luck with sales!
    Mary Fremont Schoenecker
    The Maine Shore Chronicles-Book 2,MOONGLADE

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats! I'm so thrilled for you and can't wait to hear all your updates! YOU GO GIRL!

    Sending you bloggy hugs across the miles!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations, Kate! You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  23. *pops champagne cork* I am so happy for you. Congratulations for all your hard work. Please keep us posted on any updates. Great first chapter of Lunar Heat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats Kate -- I love to hear about authors obtaining their dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats Kate!!! You're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations! Do keep us in the loop with how things go so we'll know when to look for it in bookstores.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations - I find this news so inspiring, I love to see these good things happening for writers - it proves dreams do come true :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay!!! Congrats!!! {{hugs}} Really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats! That sounds like quite the journey but you made it! I'm following Stream of Subconsciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations...best of luck with your publication.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations Kate for finally achieving your dream... As your fellow Filipino I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is great! Congratulations1

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kate ,
    I'm sorry that it took so long to Post & congratulate You Sweetie . I know that you deserve to have all of youre dream's come true.
    I really do not have any other thing to say except , That I have been Very Busy with My Family and Work on My Novel . Thing's have not been well with my son , as I'm sure that you have heard I have had some problem's with him
    I'm ashamed to say that writing has it's good with the bad . It give's you the way of life that you want to live & also the mean's of giving to youre Children a little bit too much.
    I only hope that by my honesty that all of you will read Going through Hell on my blog & see what my son as much as I Love him has put me through , & Please learn from my mistake's.
    I wish you all of the Best , " I would Love to meet you & just talk or have a cup of coffee one day " Take Care & Please forgive me as I didnt do this on purpose I promise . May God Bless Youre Path On the Way to your Success !
    Sincerely, Mary Foster. aka. LavenderEyes01

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Everyone = Thank you so much for your kind words and continued support. I couldn't have made it this far without you!

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.