Pages

Blogger Interview: All the Days Of


Click Here

Blog Info:

My blog started out just being a normal personal blog with mish-mash posts about my loves and hates last year. It has developed with time and these days are mostly a book-blog with some personal posts thrown in. I have started doing some book reviews and are still trying to find my feet in that area. Although I am loving the learning process, it is still a little daunting. I have actually received my first books for review from publishers and are excited for this new challenge.

Blogger Info:

My name is Chrizette and we live in a lovely part of South Africa. In summer, we try to go camping at least twice a month (great opportunity for lots of reading) :) I have two beautiful Jack Russell doggies - the little sister is only six weeks old and I have not been sleeping! Recently I have re-discovered my love of reading and am currently obsessed by all kinds of romantic fiction especially paranormal and historical fiction. I am trying my hand at reviewing books and I love the learning process. I also love cross stitching and oil painting but I am not spending nearly enough time on it at the moment.



Interview:

How long have you been blogging?

It's been just over a year now - I started in May 2009.

Why did you decide to blog?

Originally I blogged because I felt that I was just floating around not doing much of anything in my spare time. I wanted to have a purpose for my idle moments. So I started off blogging about my interests - cross stitching and painting mostly. And when I re-discovered my love of reading, my blog slowly started turning into a book blog :) These days I am also trying my hand at book reviews. Loving it!

What books do you blog about and why?

I mostly blog about fiction. My favorites are historical and paranormal romances but as long as there is a little romance in there, I am happy with any genre. I am not too fond of YA but I do read it - in fact my last review was a Young Adult book which I absolutely loved.

What memes can be found on your blog?

I don't really do memes. The only one I do regularly is the BLOG HOP from Crazy for books. Love finding new book blogs.

What is your review style like?

I have a very informal way of writing. I like to think that I write as if I am chatting to a friend, telling her about a new book I have read. Off course I am still very new to reviewing and am trying to find a way forward - something that fits my personality. So I am sure my style will still develop further.

If you can describe your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

Eclectic - a little bit of everything.

What advice can you give other bloggers about blogging?

Just follow your heart and don't take criticism too seriously. As long as you are enjoying the journey, you are a success.

What kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

I am not seriously doing any promotion at the moment. I only participate in the BLOG HOP.

If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

I don't only review popular authors on my blog, so I hope to introduce my readers to books they would not normally read. I am also a member of netGalley, so I occasionally review a book before the release date which I hope will give my readers another book to add to the TBR pile :)

What can readers look forward to from your blog in the future?

I hope that in the future my blog will become more and more streamlined and that my reviews will become better and better.

Blogger Remarks:

I met Chriz through Book Blogs. I'm glad that she gave me a chance to interview her, and now, she's doing her own Blogger Interview series on her own site. Thank you very much Chriz for giving us a chance to get to know you better. To visit Chriz's blog, you can click on her banner above.

3 comments:

  1. Chrizette,
    I loved learning more about you and your blog. Thanks for sharing your doggie pics. They are so adorable! :)
    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you. My blog's kind of meandering from one thing to another. Maybe I'll try the misspelled words trick.

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.