Pages

Blogger Interview: One, Two, Three...and there were books


About the Blog:

I try not to discriminate genre when reading books but I can't help but be more favourable to certain genre like Young Adult, Children/Urban Fantasy and Science-Fiction. As much as I love reading books, I'm also obsessed with cover arts. You can often see me write about US/UK version, International version, Hardcover/Paperback etc.

I rarely write spoilers on my review, it's mostly about the style of how it's written and comparing characters to others and my thoughts of the book in a whole.

In addition to book reviews, I also write about movies based on books and Japanese anime.

About the Blogger:

Growing up, I never really liked reading. BUT three years ago, I met my best friend who introduced me to the world of "Fantasy" books.

Since then I devoured all sorts of books to make up for the lost years.

I've lived half my life all over the world, countries like Malaysia, Canada, and France. Currently, I'm in Belgium for my master studies.

I love sharing opinions and even critiques from others so don't hesitate to leave any kind of comments.

Oh ! and I'm waiting for my new Kindle to arrive this month ! So excited ! ^0^



Interview:

How long have you been blogging?

1. It's been a little over two months now, I hadn't realized it until now. lol

Why did you decide to blog?

2. First it was to satisfy my own compulsion to categorize and make things more easy to remember by writing. (since I forget things quite easily)
Then when I discovered the joy of reading other people's comments about my thoughts and discussing it lengthly about a book that I (or we) passionately loved was very exciting, since I don't have many friends who loves to read as I do.

What books do you blog about and why?

3. I try my best not to focus on "one" genre but mostly I read Fiction, Young Adult, Children/Urban Fantasy and Science-Fiction. I think it's more interesting to read about something that you cannot see or vaguely believed in as a child, (I still try to believe) rather than any other genre. It takes my mind off things like...."reality" I guess. And I love my escape.

What memes can be found on your blog?

4. Currently, I have none. But I've recently received offers from authors asking to read their 'advanced reader edition' and write a review on them.

I think, if I get those offers consistently, I will create a monthly meme with their interviews with me. But these days, I write whenever I finish a book when my mind is at it's clearest.

What is your review style like?

5. Like I've mentioned above, I don't contain a lot of spoilers. I mean the "book description" part is something I copy and paste from the book site to give the audience a general idea. The first think I recognize about books is how it's written, so I write about the writing style a lot and compare the characters to other books and honestly it more of a rambling of thoughts that goes on inside my head however weird they might be.

If you can describe your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

6. Changing, I'm not easily satisfied. Since I've started blogging two months ago, I've changed the design more than 5 times. The layouts, coulours, background pictures and such. I'm fairly happy with the design I have now but out of nowhere, I might change something about the bolg just because I got bored, so don't be alarmed when it does. ;-)

What advice can you give other bloggers about blogging?

7. First sight is important, to me at least, and readers should easily locate what they want to find. And regularity, don't be away for months on end for flowers to drop out of your blog.

What kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

8. I only have two at the moment, but I'd much rather have an eager participant than a non visiting follower.

If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

9. I hope my review can help them decide whether to read a certain book or not. Or at least the benefit of the doubt.

What can readers look forward to from your blog in the future?

10. Friendly comments, thorough reviews, interesting insights.

Blogger Remarks:

I met Kathryn through Book Blogs. When I visited her blog, I just fell in love with it. I knew that I had to share the blog she calls home with all of you. To visit her blog, you can click on her blog button below.


123 and There Were Books”=

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Great book blog. Happy to find you :) I am so new to this and so excited! I created my book blog to create a challenge for myself and to read more. This particular post is so wonderful. It is inspiring and motivating. Just wonderful! Take care and all the best to you :)

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.