Pages

Blogger Interview: Deranged Book Lovers


About the Blog:

The Deranged Book Lovers was founded in November 15, 2010. It started off with Mithee and Kay-c talking about a particular book review, which then led to talking about starting up a blog where we can post our book reviews. Mithee came up with "unique" (read: insane, crazy) blog titles. If you think our current blog title is crazy, how about "The Teal Werepenguins," "Orange Felines," "The Reading Evil Monkey Ninjas of Doom" and "The Confessions of Lame Book Bloggers"? Until finally, Mithee came up with an almost better blog title. Almost. A name that can be considered: The Deranged Book Lovers. Well? It's better compared to the previous ones, right? I doubt you can blame us for being choosing the deranged one instead. We really are not deranged though. Maybe...just a bit. Seriously...we're not. :D
The three of us are forum moderators in a well-known website. That said, you may find us a bit strict sometimes. :D

If you'd like to know more about us. You can go and read our intro's
- Kay-c
- Lynossa
- Mithee

Or might as well contact us if you want :D

About the Blogger:

The three of us met as moderators in a forum. The three of us from Southeast Asia: I'm an Indonesian, while Mithee and Kay-c from Phillipines. It turned out we have the same hobby so we're kinda stick together and could spend hours to talk about books. I have the most various preference in reading. I read almost very genre except erotica and hardcore romance, though my favorites are mystery and fantasy. Kay-c and Mithee prefer YA among the other genres. Oh, and the three of us loves animal especially cat!

Interview:

How long have you been blogging?

I’ve been blogging for years but not specific for book reviews, more about my thoughts and contemplation. But then something happened to me throughout 2010 and I don’t feel interested in sharing my thoughts anymore; partially because that blog is linked to some of my real life friends and let’s just say some of my thoughts aren’t popular among the religious community in my country.

Anyway, throughout 2010 I read more manga (Japanese comic) than novels, but toward end of 2010 I return to the love of my life (novel) and decided to create a blog designed for book review; not so long after that I found out Mithee and Kayz talked about that and asked them to join.

Why did you decide to blog?

Well, some of my real life friends always asked for my recommendation when they want to read/buy novels. I think it’ll be nice to post my review so people can read it. After I started blogging, I realize it’s more than that. It’s actually a community and right now I’m having fun with it.

What books do you blog about and why?

My preferences are eclectic; I don’t want to limit myself only to certain genre. But I have favourite genres: Mystery, Fantasy, and Contemporary. However I don’t read erotica romance, or pure romance in general. I like romance as side-story, lovey dovey scenes can make my eyes rolled too much, especially if the girls always act like damsel in distress and they guy somehow an impersonation of Knight in Shinning Whatever.

What memes can be found on your blog?

We’ve got Teaser Tuesday, Follow Friday and Blogger Hop, and In My Mailbox.

What is your review style like?

I don’t know if my review style fits into any category. I tried to write honest review based on what I think about the book, sometimes I can be very details, but other times I can be concise. It all depends on my mood, but I tried not to give too much spoilers.

If you can describe your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

Variety. This is a blog managed by three people with different personalities and backgrounds. We have different preferences in reading, we have different point of view, and those things affect the way we review a book.

What advice can you give other bloggers about blogging?

Well, I’m still new so I don’t think I can give much advice. I just want to say write what you want to write. The blog is yours to handle, stop listening to people who told you that you can’t write this or you should write it ‘this’ way. Take the good advice but don’t let people control you.

What kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

The usual; memes and giveaways. I’m still thinking about other ways but haven’t got any idea yet.

If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

That we offer honest reviews; even though authors asked us to review their books, or publisher sponsored our giveaways, we stay honest no matter what.

What can readers look forward to from your blog in the future?

Beside various reviews, there will be giveaways, features, and probably some more.

Blogger Remarks:

When I first visited Deranged Book Lovers, I was super fascinated by their layout and content. I knew I had to interview them for this series. So, I would like to thank Lynossa for granting the interview. If you want to visit their blog, you can click on their blog button below.



No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.