Pages

Blogger Interview: My Book Addiction


About the Blog:

My blog is all about books, I write book reviews most of them in the genre Young Adult and fantasy/horror. But that's not all I also write about my favourite genres, authors and books I really want. And of course everything that happens in my booklife, getting new books, waiting for books to come or sometimes the frustration of not finding the right book.

About the Blogger:

My name is Annabel, I'm a 26 year old ducht girl that loves to read . I have a lovely boyfriend that accepts my addiction for books and even supports me sometimes with buying a book for me. We have 4 pets, two rats named Aprella and Contessa, a hamster named Lestat and a bunny named agent B ( we were inspired by Phineas and Ferb ). I'm a huge Disney fan and I try to go to Disneyland Paris at least three times a year. I love the dark side of life the creepy creatures that crawl out at night, Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts, Demons and even Zombies. When I'm not working with kids ( i work at a daycare center for kids in the age between four and thirteen. ), I love to read of course, but you can also find me at the movies for a good horror movie or Disney of course. Or at a concert, I love music and listen to it a lot! I also love traveling and my favorite city is London.

Interview:

How long have you been blogging?

I've only been blogging for about two months now. So it's not that long.

Why did you decide to blog?

I decided to blog because I wanted a fast way to see wich books I've read and what I thought about them. I already had a Goodreads account but searching for that specific review isn't that easy in my opinion. And I like to share my thoughts about books with the rest of the world!

What books do you blog about and why?

Most of the books I blog about are either Young Adult or Fantasy/Horror. The reason I blog about these books is because that's the genre I really love to read so it makes it easy to blog about them. But I do read other books of course, most of them are history books, not the highschool textbook kind but real stories. Sometimes the stories really happened but most of the time they are just fiction and set in Victorian England or about the Tudors because I think there whole story is very fascinating.

What memes can be found on your blog?

Besides my reviews I also write about authors I love, Books I would really want to read but just haven't because they haven't come out yet, the genres I love to read about and all the other things that happen to me as book addict. From buying books or waiting for them to arrive or me driving my boyfriend crazy with all my books haha.

What is your review style like?

I always start with a goodreads summary so the reader knows what it's about, after that I write my own version of what the sotry is about, that's mostly for the people that already read the story because it contains spoilers most of the time. And after that I write my review, what did I think about the book, what did I like about the book and what did I miss. Do I feel the story, like the characters, ending the review with how many stars I give the book.

If you can describe your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

Fun! because my blog is all about fun, the fun of reading, the fun of meeting an author, the fun of waiting for your books to arrive or to come out. Jus fun because I think reading is all about having fun!

What advice can you give other bloggers about blogging?

Blogging should be fun for yourself, just blog about everything that you want and have fun with it! The followers aren't the most important thing about your blog keep that in mind

What kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

I use Twitter, mostly I post links to my blog in a tweet. I post the link to my review on my Goodreads account. I joined Book blogs a site where you can promote your blog and I try to follow a lot of blogs and read them and post comments there.

If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

I want them to find inspiration for reading books and I just hope they enjoy reading my blog as much as I enjoy writing it.

What can readers look forward to from your blog in the future?

A lot of reviews and funny bookstories and I hope I can get interviews with authors, when I get more followers I'm going to see if I can host a reading challenges and maybe even a giveaway!

Blogger Remarks:

It's always nice to get to know a budding blogger. Everyone has to start somewhere, and I believe that Annabel is off to a good start with her blog. Thank you so much Annabel for taking the time to answer my questions and allowing my readers to get to know you better. To visit Annabel's blog, click on this link: http://mybookaddiction.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Great blog - great article - You contacted me through Book Blogs - I'm Shah from wordsinsync.blogspot.com - hope to see you there soon. I'm following this lovely blog and you're bookmarked. Shah. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to do this interview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! I nominated you for an award!! Check it out!!
    http://ottilieweber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! Sense you like young adult fantasy and horror, I think you should check out a new author Elizabeth Sterling. I was able to get her advance copy of Retrograde, and I loved it! Go to www.esblogging.net for a brief summary.

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.