Pages

Blogger Interview: Books Over Boys

Where did my Friday go? In all honesty, it's been crazy. I just joined Twitter, and I am now discovering its addictive properties. Start your weekend right by following me at twitter.com/KateEvangelista. I hope to hear from you there.


Since Friday was like a dream, I could only post my Blogger Interview today. But it's worth the wait, dear readers. Remember the Books For Kids. Lets Give Back. campaign I posted last Monday? Well, I found out about it through Momo's blog. Let's start this interview by letting Momo tell us a little about Books Over Boys:




I love to read YA, Paranormal Romance, and Chick Lit - most of the time! These are the books that keep me well entertained long into the night. I love to review books because it's another way for me to convey how I feel for books. To share my thoughts and feelings and to have people either feel the same or not is exactly what books are for! When I post my reviews and people come and comment on them, and then we go into discussions about the book - the true fun in reading lies in that. When you're reading a book, you get to this one scene and certain emotions are evoked within you and so you suggest it to people to read and when they experience the same thing that you did - that's what makes reading fun! Blogging is my way of sharing my reading experiences one book at a time!

What a poignant way to describe what Books Over Boys is all about. We want to know more, Momo. Tell us a little about yourself.


A sixteen year old just voicing her love for books! I started my blog because I wanted to express my love for reading. That feeling you get when you finish a book - my blog is my release, my outlet.

We need more voices. I can't stress it enough how important reading is, and I'm glad we have an advocate in you, Momo. Now, for the fun stuff. Please state your name, blog title, how long you've been blogging, and dessert of choice for our readers.

Momo, Books Over Boys, I've been blogging for about four months now. Dessert of choice would have to be just plain ole' vanilla ice cream - I know it's pretty simple and all, but sometimes simple is all you need. :)



You can't go wrong with good old-fashioned vanilla! Although I do add an enormous amount of toppings on mine; mostly, candy sprinkles and caramel syrup (best substance in the world!) While we're enjoying our scoop, tell us: why Books Over Boys?


Why? Because books over boys is totally obvious and totally awesome! *__*

Ah, the love of a good book. I hear you, Momo. I hear you. Let's look at your layout. How did you come up with the concept? Walk us through why it looks the way it does.

Well you see, I don't have a custom layout for my blog - just using freebies where I can find them. As Kate probably knows, the last time that she stopped by my blog, the layout has changed since she first contacted me. I have my blog organized according to how I think people should see the info I have to share. I think my overall blog layout is fun and girly and just . . . more fun!


I love it more now. And you're right about Books Over Boys being fun and girly. As girls, we do love our accessories. And by blogging accessories, I mean: what memes can be found on your blog?

Memes, boy do I love those! I think they're so much fun. It keeps your blog rolling, lol! I try to participate in a meme that falls under each week day. So, on Mondays, I participate in It's Monday! What Are You Reading? and Daily Dose. On Tuesdays, I take part in Teaser Tuesday; Wednesdays - Waiting on Wednesday. My Thursdays are currently empty and on Friday I participate in Friday Fantasize. Saturdays I do Notable Quotes and of course, the oh so famous IMM takes place on Sundays on my blog.

Maybe you can fill your Thursdays with First Look--a meme I started last week. Okay, okay, shameless plugging, I know. But I can't help it. Meme's are certainly a lot of fun, along with reviewing books. If I were to visit your blog and read one of your reviews, what would the style be like?


My review style - for a second I didn't know how to answer this one, but I'm guessing it's asking, how do I format my reviews? Well, I include the title, author, publisher, genre, the series, page numbers, and the source from which I received the book. I review books just as if I'm talking to a friend or to my sisters. When I talk about books, I get so excited to the point where I almost can't explain it because when I am reading the book, it's the emotion that I get that gets me excited, so unless you've read the book or are going to read the book, then you wouldn't understand me, lol! :)

I know how that feels. There are times when I start reading a book and when I really get into it, I end up arguing with the characters, laughing hysterically, among other things...to the point where anyone who hears me thinks I'm having a psychotic episode. But that's what books are supposed to do, right? In connection with reading, if there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

I want my readers to take away from my blog that reading is fun! It can really be your escape from everything when life gets tough. I just gotta say, when life gets tough, grab a book! I think that everyone goes through that phase of "I don't like to read at all!" and I think that it's because when we're younger or still in school, we have to read so much all the time, that when we think about reading, it kind of feels like a bore and a chore! But it really isn't! I guess you just have to find that one book that is your catalyst for reading!

I agree with you, Momo. All it takes is one good book to foster a love for reading. For me, it's Daughter of the Empire by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts. If you can give our dear readers some advice about blogging, what would it be, Momo?


Advice for new bloggers - I say to you to just stick it out. If you love to read and you love to talk about the books you read, then keep on doing it and to remember to JUST DO YOU! I know that there are lots of bloggers out there that have been doing this for a way longer period and I have to admit, it is kind of, no IT IS intimidating, but if you just do you, you'll be fine! Also, don't get so wrapped up about posting this or trying to do this or trying to get review copies, just remember that you started to blog because you love to read. Don't forget to read!

Advice for old bloggers - you guys are awesome! Keep doing what you're doing, because you guys must be doing something right! (HA! That reminds me of Billy Currington's song "Must Be Doing Something Right")

I'd take that advice any day! What's the point of blogging if you're not having fun, right? With our second scoop of vanilla, let's round up this interview with some hard hitting Life Questions. First up: If you were trapped on a deserted island and you had to blog about it, what would your first post be about and why?


Hmm, good question; made me think for a second. If I were trapped on a deserted island and I had to blog about it, my first post would be about how incredibly foolish it was of me to get TRAPPED in the first place because maybe if I weren't so idiotic, I wouldn't have gotten trapped on a desert island! ;)

And all you had was a computer with an internet connection. Not much of a deserted island, now is it? Why I came up with that one...anyway, moving on. Which blog do you admire the most and why?

I have to say, this is a tough question to answer. I think that there are so many blogs out there that it's hard to choose just one specific blog that I admire the most. I mean, I like a little bit of every thing from every single blog. Everyone runs their blog differently and when you stop by their page, you can tell that it's them! So my answer would have to be that I admire lots of blogs because I like how when I run across their page, I feel like I'm almost talking to them; they're that clear and they come across their blog that way.

A good, diplomatic answer. Like a thumb print, each blog is unique in its own way. Let's wrap this interview up with the toughest question of all: If you aren't blogging, you'd be...?


If I'm not blogging, I'd either be doing homework (gag!), stalking people on twitter *insert evil laugh here*, reading a book, and maybe - just maybe, I might be watching television! :)

Now before I head out, I would love to thank Kate for interviewing me for her blogger interviews! It has been such a pleasure!

The pleasure is all mine, Momo. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Thank you for giving our readers a chance to get to know you and your blog while enjoying a lovely scoop of vanilla ice cream. And like your choice of dessert, your answers are sweet and classic. Can't ever go wrong there.


Dear readers, visiting Momo's blog is an experience you wouldn't want to miss. So head on over to Books Over Boys by clicking on her blog button at the top of this post or the link below. Also, don't forget to follow Momo on Twitter. The link is also provided.


Blog: http://www.booksoverboys.blogspot.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/BooksOverBoys


Next week, we'll be having the ever refreshing Genna from Reading, Writing, and the World of Words. You won't want to miss that!

3 comments:

  1. Awh! I had such a blast reading this post! Okay, fine, I'm biased - just partially, lol because it's my own interview but I gotta give this post some love, you know?! :) LOL

    Thanks again Kate! It was lots and lots of fun!
    -Momo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, feel i know a lot more about Momo now and the honesty of her blogging.
    Some great and weird questions there, love it. :D

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.