Pages

Blogger Interview: The Owl Bookmark Blog


About the Blog

It's a literary fiction blog that features reviews of books I've read and challenges I'm participating in and a way of sharing my reading passion with the world. The reviews I've done so far are mostly historical fiction and popular fiction. I read a lot of YA and crime fiction too, so those reviews should start appearing pretty soon.

About the Blogger

I'm a preschool teacher in the child development lab of a local university; I work with twelve two-year-olds right now, all of whom are amazing children! Since I love to read so much, I try to instill that love of reading in the children I teach. So far it's working, I've read Barnyard Dance by Sandra Boynton so many times I have it memorized. :) I spend all of my spare time reading and on the internet working on my blog or checking out other blogs. When I'm not working or reading, I am doing school work; I recently started back to school to get my BA in Child Development.


Interview:

1. How long have you been blogging?

I've only been blogging for a little less than a month.

2. Why did you decide to blog?

I've been keeping a book review journal for a few years and one of my friends suggested starting my own blog and sharing my reviews. I've enjoyed reading blogs for a while so I thought I'd give it a try and have loved it so far.

3. What books do you blog about and why?

Mostly, I've been blogging about historical fiction books, but that is not the only genre I read. I've just been stuck on a historical fiction kick and can't seem to read anything else right now! I also read contemporary fiction, YA, paranormal, sci-fi, fantasy, and crime fiction.

4. What memes can be found on your blog?

This past week, I started doing Waiting On Wednesday, Follow My Book Blog Friday, and Book Blogger Hop. But, if I see any other fun ones, I'll be doing those too!

5. What is your review style like?

I try to be as honest as possible in my reviews. While I'm not going to completely trash a book I didn't like, I will be honest and point out the reasons why I didn't like it, but also point out some good things about the book.

6. If you can describe your blog in one word, what would it be and why?

Right now, I think that the word for my blog would be simplistic. It's mostly reviews, book challenges I'm participating in, and a few meme posts because I'm still trying to figure out where I want to go with it. I eventually want to do more things, such as giveaways and such, but I want to keep it as simple and straightforward as possible.

7. What advice can you give other bloggers about blogging?

Just be yourself and have fun with it.

8. What kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

The first thing I did was join the book blogs ning which has been extremely helpful in helping me get to know other bloggers and helping me improve my own blog. I've started doing the Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday memes which have brought more people to my site. Also, just getting out there and visiting and commenting on other peoples' blogs. Not spamming, but reading their posts and answering back. I've found that most of the people I've started following and commenting on their blogs have started following me back.

9. If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

The next good book they want to read!

10. What can readers look forward to from your blog in the future?

More great reviews and eventually giveaways and author interviews.

Blogger Remarks:

I met Siobian through Book Blogs when I posted my welcome comment on her page. When I explored her blog, I knew I just had to share what she had to say with all of you, dear readers. There are so many great bloggers out there on the web, and getting to meet new members of the blogging community is always something I relish. So, thank you so much Siobian for participating in this Blogger Interview series.

If you want to visit Siobian's blog just click on this link: http://siobianthebookowl.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting interview. I love meeting new bloggers and today just met 2 more.
    I'm a new follower of you both!
    Natalie :0)
    www.thebookinn.net

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.