Pages

Blogger Interview: Love Fantasy Sci-Fi Novels

I spent my glorious weekend watching Red Riding Hood...twice! If you haven't watched it yet, I suggest you do. It's wonderful. 




But before you leave Reads, Reviews, Recommends, take a moment to get to know our featured Blog.


This week, I have the pleasure of introducing to all of you, Siobhán. She's a twenty something single mother who, in her spare time, indulges her addiction: reading. She reads mainly YA novels. Even though she's no longer a teen, she finds the stories and characters more appealing and fast-paced compared to more adult novels. With that said, she still likes reading adult novels from time to time.


Welcome to Reads, Reviews, Recommends, Siobhán. Please tell us something about your blog before we start the interview.


Love Fantasy Sci-fi Novels is a review blog site for those who loves reading books within the fantasy and scifi genres. There are reviews, giveaways, and other fun stuff to take part in.

Sounds like a place I want to visit. Wouldn't you? Now, please state your name, blog title, how long you've been blogging, and dessert of choice for our readers.

My name is Siobhán. My blog is Love Fantasy Sci- Fi Novels. I have been blogging offically since November 2010. Dessert of choice: Choc Cake.


I knew it would only be a matter of time before the chocolate cake would make an appearance. Grab your forks and plates, everyone! We're about to eat cake!


While I pass out slices, tell us, Siobhán: how did you come up with your blog title?

Quite simply. I love reading fantasy novels and I love Sci-Fi novels. So I just put it all together. Love Fantasy Scifi Novels.

Huh. I never thought of it that way. Now that I read your title again, I can see where your inspiration comes from. It looks like a wide range of genres, but if there is one genre you wouldn't review, what would it be and why?

Erotica. I am not a big fan of novels that's in this genre. I don't mind when I am reading a story and it gets steamy between the characters, but I don't like when thats all there is.

That's quite understandable, Siobhán. Does everyone have a slice of cake? Okay. Let's get into the blogging nitty gritty. Why did you decide to blog?

I decided to blog because I have my Facebok fan page and just thought blogging would be the next step forward to get my reviews out their to everyone.

Blogging does help get your reviews out there. The community is vast and quite welcoming. And each blog has a style of its own. What about you, Siobhán? What is your review style like?

My review style is simple really. I do my very best to not give any spoilers. I comment on how the books flows, the characters etc.

It's good to concentrate on the characters and the plot. Besides keeping your review style simple, what kind of promotion techniques do you use to get followers?

Well, having got a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/LoveFantasySciFiNovels and GoodReads group http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/41594.Love_Fantasy_Sci_Fi_Novels, I get a lot of followers through them. As well as taking part in other blog contests and having giveaways.

Make sure to visit the links Siobhán has provided for us. I know I will. And for my favorite question about blogging: If there was something you’d want your readers to take away from reading your blog, what would it be?

I would like my readers to go away with great and new recommendation of books that they will go out and buy.

Being able to share your love for books is what makes blogging such a popular endeavor. I'd like to switch gears for this third part of the interview. If you were trapped in a mall for the night, what would you do?

I would divide my time between the bookstore and the gamingstore. That would be heaven for me.

I would raid the bookstore, too! And I wouldn't mind getting in a round of Dance Dance Revolution afterwards. Other than books, what would you be blogging about?

Movies. I have another weekly blog http://thoughtsofamadhatter.blogspot.com/ where I blog about movies, TV shows, or just about anything that pops into my head.

Another kindred spirit. A section of my website is actually devoted to movies, music, and other things not really related to reading or writing. *Hugs* So, for our final question: What is the first thing that comes to mind when you turn on your computer?

Facebook. Lol. I am a facebook addicted and its the first thing that comes to mind as soon as I turn on my computer its the first site I opened.


I hear you. For me, it's Twitter. My new obsession, which is why, after reading this interview, make sure to follow me at twitter.com/KateEvangelista. Okay, enough shameless plugging.


Thank you so much for allowing us into your Blogging Life, Siobhán. It's been a pleasure. Please give your beautiful baby boy a great big hug and kiss from all of us here at Reads, Reviews, Recommends. Keep up the awesome blogging!


If you want to visit Siobhán, you can click on her Blog Button below:




Or "Like" her on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/LoveFantasySciFiNovels


It's a Monday, and I just might have a video for you this week!

2 comments:

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.