Pages

Guest Post: A Day in the Life by CJ Duggan

As you all know, I enjoy having guest bloggers over. It's my personal belief that blogging shouldn't be just about self expression. It should also be about making connections within a community of bloggers, readers, writers, etc. And today, I have a special treat for all of you.

I met CJ during my wanderings within Book Blogs Ning. She has such an enthusiastic voice that I immediately thought of asking her for a guest post. Like my Blogger Interview and Author Interview Series, having Guest Posts is my way of introducing bloggers and writers that have tickled my curiosity. It's my way of making a connection with all of you. So, without further chatter from me, I give you:

A Day in the Life...
by C.J. Duggan


There is an element of cringe-worthiness when I say writing to me is an extension of who I am. I know it’s rather cliché, but it is so deeply engrained in me, and has been for so many years, it’s impossible to contemplate not doing it. In all my creative secluded wisdom, I must say I had never thought of it as something to share with others, never thought of it as a career, it’s not about sitting down at the desk to churn out a best-seller and retire from that check in the mail. For me, it’s not a job, it’s just what I do; to be honest, I had never given it too much thought.

So why now?

Because there is this immense satisfaction of being able to channel that creativity with others in the writing/reading community, being able to share and discover new talent and realize I am not alone! Cue the dreamy music and let me tell you about a little ditty called “Blog” a word my husband still can’t get his head around, but I assure him it’s a great thing. And it has been for me! A platform to vent and share my work to a group of like minded people who also help inspire you to believe in what you are doing. It has challenged me and made me take responsibility of my work, it’s all very new, exciting and oh yes overwhelming.

As I enter this new phase of embracing my inner writer, I have been able to network my writing through the wonderful world of blogging, where I discuss the trials and tribulations of independently writing my first book: a Paranormal Romance called “This Life”. By offering an insiders look at the struggles a writer goes through in order to put those words on paper. Being independent I write from the heart, no deadlines, no big bucks rolling, no movie deals, but that’s o.k., like I said it’s not what it’s about!

If I can share my work, and one person likes it, then it hasn’t gone to waste and if I can inspire others to embrace their inner writers then I have achieved something. Once you stop being intimidated by the word ‘writer’ and what that means, just go with it! It’s a big bad world out there and the possibilities are endless and I look forward to discovering them all (well most of them).

You can check out “This Life” on my blog: http://can-duu.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kate. I'm a new follower of CJ's blog. I am thankful for the exposure you give me with your guest blogs and interviews. You open up new worlds for me. Belle

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Belle = You're welcome, Belle. Maybe you can write your own Guest Post for Reads, Reviews, Recommends sometime. :-) I would love to have you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, CJ, for the post. I've recently discovered the joy of the online writing community, too. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY CJ! Thanks for posting the link to this on Book Blogs. I would've found it since I read this blog anyway, but it was exciting to go with intention.

    You do have a wonderfully enthusiastic voice. Fist to the sky, my friend. Fist to the sky!

    E
    http://mymotherstuttered.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I loved what you said about writing for self-expression, and enjoying writing in and of itself. Although it is always nice when other people read what you have to say. And even better when they like it. :) So happy I found out about CJ's and Kate's blogs through book blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nwaaah! Thanks everyone!!

    My short time around the blogging traps has been an amazing one! We are so lucky to have such a great access to reading and writing communities.
    FYI I am rather excited as I have posted up a Chapter for 'This Life' I would really love people to stop by and let me know what you think? http://can-duu.blogspot.com/

    Cheers C.J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo-hoo! Nice to see awesome people connect! Great interview CJ, and Kate--you picked a great guest blogger!
    Cheers ... Nishi Serrano

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Everyone = I'm so glad that you like the post. Thank you to CJ for consenting to write it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful post, C.J. Can't wait to read more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful post. Looking forward to reading more of C.J.'s work

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.