Pages

Kayne Tales: Doggie Day Spa

In the mythical land of mango groves where I live, the community often organizes events that bring home owners and new buyers together. This week, it's Doggie Day Spa. And since Kayne has entered our lives, we've decided to pack the family up and join the community.

After a brief Sunday Mass, Kayne and I trooped to the Spa tent to get pampered.

First the Doggie Massage, which he completely didn't get. I think he was more worried about why a freaky man was fondling him. But toward the end, he got into the groove.

Then we moved over to the Dry Grooming Station where Kayne had his floppy ears cleaned and toenails clipped. Afterwards, they puffed and powdered him. I've never smelled a dog so good. (You may scratch and sniff the photo to the right of your screen.)

I have to say, and not just because I'm a proud mama, Kayne was the most photographed dog out there. I knew he would be a heart breaker when he grew up, but seriously, the attention he's been getting...

After being surrounded by fans and paparazzi alike, we headed over to the Photo Shoot Booth where we had our portrait taken. Kayne loves the camera. Folks, a star is born.

Lastly, we headed for the Doggie Buffet for some treats after all that pampering and posing.

All in all, a good day for Kayne. He got to meet some new friends and mingled with adoring fans.

Can anybody say Pampered Pooch?

23 comments:

  1. Aww what a lovely idea! I don't think that my dog would like it thought. She acts like a princess, but hates to have a bath and her nails cut!

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Spangle = I was actually concerned at first because it was his first time to have his nails trimmed. But he was pretty calm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww cutie! What kind of dog is it? Looks like a cock-a-poo. I have a DoberDoodle who would shake and glare at me accusingly if I took him to such a thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pavarti = He's a miniature poodle. And the love of our life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, He is so cute. That is the neatest idea I have ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Romance Girl = And the best part was everything was free, even lunch for the non-canine contingent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I sniffed and Kayne really smelled good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. he is soooo cute. what a sweetheart :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Shalet = Right? Told ya'.

    @Barmybex = I'll let him know he has a new fan.
    :-P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ENJOYED YOUR STORY KATE, BEING A DOG GROOMER FOR MANY YEARS, I KNOW HOW YOUR CUTE LITTLE GUY FELT!...HE IS ADORABLE! THANKS FOR SHARING

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Judy = Thank you! I actually wonder what it's like to be a dog groomer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen so much pampering in one place. He might be spoiled after this you know. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. @TM = I think you're right. Breaking the rules of the Dog Whisperer on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love dog stories. Check out my blog, at Dogs Rule Cats Drool. http://dogsrulecatsdrool.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooo cute! (And I'm officially jealous of Kayne! I'd love a spa day :D )

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Sam = It's actually weird because before Kayne, we never did anything other than the usual things. He makes the family more outgoing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaaah! Soooo cute! I'm the proud mama of a handsome Boxador (boxer/lab mix) and a fiesty dachschund.

    Smiles,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  18. My old coydog, Polly, loves her spa days with "Aunt Cathy"...my cat Maggie...not so much...*lol*.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Amy = I just love seeing breed mixes. We get such interesting looking dogs that way.

    @Ann = I would think so with Maggie. Do you wonder what cats think when we pamper our dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is too cute! You must have a mellow dog for him to be ok with being pampered. :) He's a cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Kathy = He has his naughty moments. But when you drain the energy out of him, he gets pretty mellow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The best of doggy days! Thanks for welcoming me at Book Blogs. I'm now following you there and here! I would love for you to visit me at A Season for All Things. ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.