Pages

Awesome Fruits

In an attempt to procrastinate because my writing is taking a slightly intimidating turn, I've decided to blog. I know, I know. I have a deadline. But I'm ahead of schedule. I promise I am. Okay, I'm still procrastinating, so I'll get to my point.


Taking my cue from the cute watermelon baby, I'm showing all of you more amazing things that I found when I was looking for carved fruit. Some of these I didn't think were possible while the rest had me thinking: who had the freaking time? But I'm guessing, a passion is a passion is a passion.


The Death Star watermelon is my favorite because I'm not one to think Star Wars when purchasing a watermelon. Stick the neck of a full vodka bottle in that hole and you're good to go, in my opinion. 


Is a pumpkin considered a fruit? No? Oh well, it's still hella cool to have a Predator snarling at you on Halloween, I'd say.


See, now, when I saw this...I was staring at it for, like, five minutes. Watermelons shouldn't be sticking their tongues out at you when you're contemplating on eating them. 


Yes, that's a melon. And it marks the "when do they have the time" portion of this post. 


A Grecian statue out of a pineapple, you would think, is the most amazing thing in this little show-and-tell I've got for you until you see the next picture.


 Yes, folks, that's a strawberry. 


Now, I'm heading back into my cave to write the rest of chapter 26. 

20 comments:

  1. Now, I've had my break, Kate. As a sculptor, my educated guess is that the melons and pineapple are Photoshopped, but the watermelons are real. The guy who made them has dozens of examples on the Net, each more incredible that the last. He also does phenomenal sand sculptures that are even more amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stuart = They're Photoshopped? Aww, there goes my complete and utter awe. But hey, it's still cool. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing ! I wonder how they did it on the strawberry which is so soft. Maybe they froze it first ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to agree with Stuart on the last few. But seriously, the pumpkin one is amazing (even though it does royally creep me out).

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Renbaudus = I'd love to really think its possible. But Stuart might be right.

    @ELK = I love the Predator one too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. And we call ourselves artists?? Oh, wait, no I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. I'm not sure what else to say since I'm awe struck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jenny = We are artists! Represent, sista!

    @Tracy = The creativity is astounding, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always found this fruit carving business fascinating - phenomenal even!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw an artist carving fruit at a festival, but he was only making displays of flowers--these are really awesome! Rae, Best O' Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to end writer's block LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVED IT!!!



    I tweeted it fo my followers because I think it's amazing what creativity skill some can have and demonstrate.

    Honestly! Thank you for sharing! You made my day!



    My warmest regards,

    Elena Ornig

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lindsay = It really is. Can you imagine the kind of precision it takes?

    @Rae = Yes, I think the most basic are the flowers.

    @Micheal = I know, right? Well, procrastination wise anyway.

    @Elena = Thank you for the RT!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lindsay = It really is. Can you imagine the kind of precision it takes?

    @Rae = Yes, I think the most basic are the flowers.

    @Micheal = I know, right? Well, procrastination wise anyway.

    @Elena = Thank you for the RT!

    I agree!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. That is entertaining! :)

    http://verburgmusic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I come to your blog everytime because of the eminent level posts I get here. You compose real considerably, and I like every bit of reading I get here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @jackie = Thank you so much for interacting.

    @verburga = Aren't they?

    @Kris = Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG.. they are AMAZING. I've never seen anything like this before! Awesome!
    Suzy Turner
    http://suzyturner.com

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.