Pages

Do you know Andy Whitfield?

If you're a fan of this TV show:




Chances are you know this guy:




There are days when you go to sleep one night thinking all is right in the world, and then, you wake up and someone has died. 


I started becoming a fan of Spartacus: Blood and Sand fairly late in the game. To be honest, I began watching the series over the summer. I heard that Andy Whitfield, who plays Spartacus in the series, was sick and had to leave the show, but I didn't think that a mere 18 months later he'd be dead at 39 of lymphoma.


What do I take away from this?


The cliche: time is short and it flies by just like that.


And the not to cliche: even people who you think are super healthy get really sick.




Hug your loved ones. Tell them you appreciate them for who they are. Because tomorrow, you don't know if they will still be there to hug you back.


So, good-bye Andy Whitfield. I'm sure you find yourself in the fields of Elysium now.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you wrote this. I liked his work in Spartacus and he was definitely too young to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stephanie = Thank you for taking the time to read it. I liked his work too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the show Spartacus. I got hooked on God of the Arena, then went back and watched Blood and Sand. I saw this morning on my Facebook feed that he passed away. I was really sad to see hear this news... thank you for posting. (Funny, I was just writing a new post about this when I noticed your latest post in my blog roll.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I woke up this morning to this very sad news. It breaks my heart. He was so young. My condolences to his family.

    Angie Sandro

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tara = I got hooked with Gods of the Arena as well.

    @Angie = You're right about that. I was so shocked when I found out.

    @Natalie = I just stared at the computer screen for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so sad. So young and too soon. RIP, Andy.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hit it big and cut down in his prime. RIP.

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.