Pages

Thankful for...


This is the time of year we give thanks. It's the little things that really matter. The small moments like a flower blooming, the December winds arriving, the sky looking bluer than it ever does throughout the year. I want to stop and take this moment to be thankful.

I'm thankful for the love and support of my family. There are many times more than I could count when I hadn't been the daughter they expected me to be. Sometimes, those expectations weighed so heavily on my shoulders that I rebelled. But I realized, in my darkest hour, during a time when I was the worst version of myself, my family never gave up on me and the person I could become.

I'm thankful for friendship. I'm thankful the handful of people I'm lucky to call friends continued to believe in me when I ran very close to losing all my personal belief. When self-doubt crept in, they reminded me of the important things. Their personal strength and inner light kept my head above water.

I'm thankful for fellow writers. They teach me everyday through the written word how creative a person can be. How marvelous the human mind is. The world of publishing may be changing, but one thing remains the same, the drive to tell stories.

I'm thankful for the readers. For those who were excited about Taste even before it has found a home. I humbly ask that you wait just a little longer. Soon all that waiting will pay off. Thank you for hanging out here in the meantime and commenting on my little pieces of web publishing.

Most of all, I'm thankful for each and every day given to me to keep doing what I love. I write not only because I can't imagine myself being happy doing anything else. I write because there are too many characters in my head that want to share their lives with all of you. I tried not writing once, and it felt like a limb had been amputated. It haunted me, begged me to keep going. So, here I am.

What are you most thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.