Pages

THE TIME CAPSULE MEME year 2011

Here's the re-posting of this meme from last year. It's pretty cool how things have changed since December 2011. I'm going to make a new one for this year coming in the next post. 

~*~

Hi, all!

My awesome friend, Noey (singer/songwriter), led me to this meme which is actually on LiveJournal. I liked the idea so much that I wanted to adopt it for Blogger. Here's how the original meme works on LiveJournal:


Sounds cool right?

Here's my Blogger Modification:

♡ Make yourself a post so your friends can leave you a message in the comments section with their thoughts about you, their wishes for you for next year, etcetera.
♡ In the post itself, leave a message for yourself... anything you can look back on next year and reminisce about.
♡ On January 1st, 2012, edit the post to Saved As Draft. In December of 2012, re-publish the post so you can look through your old comments from the year before and see the difference a year makes.
♡ On the post, you must add the HTML of the original meme from LiveJournal (must give credit where credit is due).

That's it. A simple enough meme, but it holds so much meaning. It brings friends and community together. It is my hope that you start this meme on your blog as well.

Okay, let's start...

MESSAGE TO SELF

Hi, Kate!

A dream has come true for you. Two years ago, you didn't think you would get this far, let alone have an agent to help with your writing career. So much excitement. A year ago, you broke up with your agent and decided to start over. It almost caused you to stumble from your path, to lose belief in your dream. But you stayed strong, you continued to believe. Well, 2012 has shown you that anything is truly possible. That you have to continue to hold on, no matter how painful gripping the line gets. Keep holding on. Now you will be able to share the stories of the people in your head with the world. Like I said, a dream has come true for you. Stay positive. Believe in yourself. Hold on to the little things that make you happy in this life. Tell those you care about that you love them. Hug them. And never forget to stay humble and patient. All things come in good time.

Sincerely,
Yourself of 2011

13 comments:

  1. Great idea, Kate, and I wish you the best in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, I swear, I have to pinch myself. You want to know why?

    Because I have to remind myself that this awesomeness that we share is real and amazing amazing amazing.

    My lovely Kate. I want to start this off my saying that I am so proud, so incredibly proud of you. I am so proud of who you are -- with all your goodness and your determination and your courage, your kindness, your patience and your perseverance. I am so very proud to be your friend; to know someone as brilliant and as bright and as beautiful as you.

    It's been one incredible year, and I am honored that I've been privileged to share bits of it with you. We've come a long way from just being acquiantances in gradschool and classmates trading stories and sitting down to lunches in EGI Tower -- and I really cannot say it enough: You are one of my closest, dearest, most treasured friends. And this is where I reach out to hold your hands in my own because we are survivors in every sense of the word. We are winners and dreamers and if there is anything that you have taught me, it is that anything is possible if you want it enough. You are proof of that.

    I wish you all the best things in 2012. I can already feel the stirrings of good things to come and honestly, it could not happen to a better, more incredible person.

    Thank you so much for sharing your dreams with me and for taking part in mine as well. No matter where life takes you, no matter where you may find yourself, trust in the truth that you will always have my friendship, my support and whatever else I can provide.

    Love you, very very much, Kate. You are a champion.

    Here's to the new year and to all the epic. All of it. Every single bit.


    <3,
    Noey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been fantastic starting a blog this year and getting to know you, Kate! I can't wait to see what 2012 holds for us both! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Kate
    I wish you much success in 2012, in publishing and in life. Dream big!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kate! This is such a wonderful idea! 2012 is going to be an EPIC year for you - and not because of that little Mayan thingy ;-) You've held on tightly to your dream throughout this roller coaster ride. So proud of you, girl! Save me a place in that looooong book signing line! I'll make sure I bring a folding chair and plenty of snacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear 2011!Kate,

    Hello wonderful person! It's nice to meet amazing people around this time, makes me believe in the magic of the holidays ^^ (I have to thank Noey for that!)
    To 2012! hi Kate! Are you touring the world for book signing and reading? Have you meet more wonderful people? I hope you're still writing and helping people to take their imagination another step forward with your stories.

    Good luck and have a lots and lots of sparkles!!

    大 ファン なんです
    2011ZYN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We definitely know how you feel! We wrote a series of children's books that people love, schools use,etc. We couldn't get an agent or publisher because we had our own illustrator and we donate to charity????? Yes, because we donate to charity! Anyway, we were down to our last dollar (literally) when, after 3+ years we got an investor which allowed us to print our next two books. We now are in select Barnes and Noble and trying to keep going. Our story is at http://www.alphabetownusa.org/AboutUs.html

    Nicole and Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Berinn Rae = I hope that you share this meme on your blog as well. And best wishes to you and your family this coming year. :-)

    @Noelle Pico = I left you a little something on your Meme as well.

    @Sophie Gonzales = Good things. Lots and lots of good things. Ireland is waiting.

    @Shelleyrae = Thank you so much! I wish you and your family all the best this 2012. All goodness and love.

    @Samantha Sotto = I want to continue to share the EPIC with you. You showed me that I was by far not alone.

    @zyn = You are a wonderful person, and I know this because it comes with Noey's stamp of approval. Thank you for reaching out. Here's to a wonderful 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dreams & ambitions know no bounds, all the best in 2012 Kate! Keep pushing through any hard times with your head high and a smile upon your face xo

    TToria
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. @alphabetownusa = Thank you so much for sharing your story, Nicole.

    @TToria = All the best to you too! Will definitely keep head held high with a smile. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Kate,
    I feel blessed to have you in my life. You are a wonderful friend and champion. Even through the rough patches you always stayed forcused on reaching your dream.

    I still remember the converstation we had about the same time last year. We were feeling discouraged. We decided to stop stressing over the things we can't change, and focus on enjoying the journey. This would be the YEAR OF FUN, and it has wildly exceeded my expections.

    Now we need a new theme for next year. Maybe the YEAR WHEN DREAMS COME TRUE:)

    Love ya, sis

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just discovered your blog. I hope you have a wonderful 2012 and that we'll know each other better by the time you repost this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Angie = *brings out the tissue* You...I have no words. You make my world so much better just by existing in it.

    @Kathy = I'm a "Kathy" too...well, used to be. Much prefer "Kate" now. :-) Thank you so much for stopping by, and yes, I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
© 2018 All Rights Reserved.