Pages

Jane by Design

Source
If you’ve been a long time reader of my blog, or happen to catch my countless posts about my TV watching exploits, you’ll now that I love watching TV. Mind you, not hours on end, although I have been known to have late-into-the-night marathons of seasons upon seasons of shows, which the result of is a cold the next day. I’m no longer young enough to withstand continuous late nights. Okay, I felt my age there a little. Anyway, this is another one of those posts where watching TV is a major factor.

January marks the beginning of premiers. And one of the new ones I’m falling in love with is Jane by Design. It combines two things I really like: teens living a double life and fashion. As I’ve mentioned in one of my previous posts, Jane by Design reminds me a little of The Devil Wears Prada in terms of you have a girl working for a ball buster and manages to make it through whatever impossible task she is given.

The show follows Jane, a high school student who loves design. By some mix up with her internship, she ends up as the assistant of one of the top fashion buyers in the industry, who also happens to be very difficult to work with. The show has a Cinderella quality to it. In high school, Jane is a virtual nobody, but as the assistant to Gray, she’s someone promising in the fashion industry.

Three episodes in and I’m hooked.

Source
My favorite character would have to be Billy. Everyone needs a best friend like him. The tension between him and Jane is wonderful to watch. It gives the viewers hope that one day they might get together, but I don’t think that will ever happen because it will mess up their dynamic and Jane loses her trusty sidekick. He’s always there to help her since he’s the only one who knows the double life Jane lives. Sometimes he steals the show, which is weird since Jane is supposed to be the lead.

I can’t wait to see what happens next for Jane. They’ve already introduced potential love interests, but nothing’s happening there yet. Although, the episode with Nick in it did make me giggle like…there’s no image for what I giggled like. And for a woman my age, it was bordering on creepy, so I won’t saddle you with that picture.

The storyline is simple, but it’s endearing. There aren’t that many feel good shows with dramatic elements on TV. I look forward to seeing what the writers and producers have in store. Sometimes, there’s nothing wrong with watching something predictable. Jane by Design is perfect fashion eye candy filled with promising characters. We’ll leave the conspiracies to shows like Alcatraz.



5 comments:

  1. I really love you design! I wonder how you made it this way? I'm trying to make my design look cool... haha but yeah :/
    Niccce blog ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Karen. Keep working on it until the layout feels right for you. I was tinkering around on this blog for a long time before I settled on this layout. :-)

      Delete
  2. I just started this show last night, so cute!
    I love good tv about as much as good books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually can't wait for the tonight's episode. I hope they bring back Nick.

      Delete
  3. I was so happy to come across this blog. I am a huge Jane By Design fan and it’s so nice to talk about it with other fans too! I actually work on behalf of the network and hope you all enjoyed the latest episode. The part with Jane and Nick on the baseball field was so cute…but then what a surprise to see him with ANOTHER girl. Who do you think she was?

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.