Pages

Movie Marathon Challenge

Source
I believe in giving one’s self a free day where you do nothing but laze about. Do you ever give yourself a day like that? I once spent a whole month like that. Didn’t sit well with me. Started to get crazy not doing anything for very long, so I came up with a challenge that I want to share with all of you. Try it out when you give yourself a lazy day.

I call this challenge the Movie Marathon Challenge. Of course, this is not just any challenge. There’s a twist. Here’s how it works:

You pick out a movie…let’s say Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Once you’re done watching this movie, you have to pick the next movie based on one of the lead actors in the previous movie. Since Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are in Mr. and Mrs. Smith, you can go one of two ways.

Let’s say you went with Angelina Jolie (note hint of a bias here). The next movie you have to watch has to star her. So, for the second movie, I pick The Tourist, which has Johnny Depp in it. This then leads me to my third movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl starring Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom

I’m guessing you get how it goes by now.

Basically, you keep going until you run out of movies to connect using the lead actors or you fall asleep. Either way, it’s a challenge. You can even mix it up a little and have someone pick out the first movie for you and then you work your way from there.

Like I said, it’s a day to be lazy.

Grab your favorite snacks. Worry about chores and going to the gym and work the next day. Try out the challenge; you never know what movie it’ll lead you to watch.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. I'll give it a try on my next down day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea Kate! I have certainly had lazy movie days, but I think this challenge is awesome! Going to try it on my next day off! Will have to come back and tell you how many I was able to stay awake through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun! Let me know which movies you ended up with. :-)

      Delete
  3. I believe in taking a day off now and then, but sitting and watching one movie after another would be torture for me. I usually only watch one at a time--and not that often. I'd rather read a book. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would rather read a book too. This marathon is for those days when you just want to be totally lazy. :-)

      Delete
  4. I love taking a lazy day off and what could be better in the dead of winter than a movie-marathon. I am going to do it.

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.