Pages

Shoe Girl

You know my mother is guilty about something when she comes home with a brand new pair of shoes for me. I don’t know how this thing between us started, but I’m not one to complain. Ever since I was little, shoes have been my main fashion choice. I love trying them on. I love buying them. There was even a time when I was a stress shoe shopper, which I am glad to report I have kicked years ago. Hello, I’m Kate, and I’m a recovering shoe addict. Today, I’m happy to buy a pair and just look at the rest longingly.

One of the questions I like to ask is: If I opened your closet, what would I find most of. For me, that would have to be shoes. I love clothes too, don’t get me wrong. You have to have the clothes to match the shoes. Am I right, shoe girls?

So, for this post, I decided to show some examples of shoe girls through the years. I certainly don’t want to amass the number of pairs they have, but I can still appreciate where their love is coming from.

My first shoe girl would have to be Kim Kardashian.

Source

Let me be clear, this is the first and only time I will ever mention her name on my blog. And the reason is I was browsing through Yahoo one day and there was an article that shows her shoe closet. I’m never one to walk away from a shoe closet. But unlike Kim, I’m not the type who likes to buy the same style in different colors. If I buy wedges, I try to make sure they are of a different style and color scheme, like the examples I’ve shown along with this post courtesy of my mother’s guilty conscience.

My second shoe girl would have to be my favorite: Carrie Bradshaw.

Source

Who isn’t a fan of Sex and the City? Gosh, I watched the episodes just to see what Carrie would wear, especially the shoes. The difference between us though would have to be I don’t aspire to spend hundreds of dollars on a single pair. Even if I have the money, I would still go to Payless for shoes. Although, my dream is to have a closet like the one Big gave Carrie in the movie. We’re actually in the planning stages of building a new house, and guess what my closet will look like?

My third shoe girl is one for the history books: Imelda Marcos.

Source

Everyone who loves shoes should know that name. The woman is in the Guinness Book of World Records for having amassed more than three thousand pairs of shoes. This lady took shopping to a whole knew level. Not only would she buy a pair in each color, she would buy a pair in each style. I was surprised she didn’t buy a pair per size. That takes shoe love to a scary, I-need-counseling level. For me, I just want to get to a point in my life where I don’t have to worry about the price tag when I want to buy a pair of shoes. I know the price range of the stores I love and I just wish there comes a day when I can say I want that without checking the sole for the price. Sigh. Dreams are free, right?

So, based on the examples above, would you call yourself a shoe girl? Are shoes the first thing you gravitate to when you’re in the Mall? And, what’s you’re favorite style to wear? Flats? Wedges? Pumps? Let me know.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog today is made of happy :-D

    Also - I would NEVER buy the SAME shoe in more than one color! Who would do that when there are so many colors to choose from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, shoes = happy.

      And very true about not buying the same shoe in more than one color. But as you can see from my examples above, there are women who actually do that.

      I think it's lucky that we only have two legs. Can you imagine if we had eight like a spider? Oh the shoes you'd need then.

      Delete
  2. I'm a shoe girl too. If I could have a walk in shoe closet, I would be ridiculously happy.

    A girl can dream, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, a walk in shoe closet...gosh, just the thought of it makes me swoon.

      Delete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.