Pages

Books Without Borders

In case any of you would like to attend. I certainly wish I could if I didn't live a thousand miles away. It sounds like a fun event. Here's all the info you'll need:

Books Without Borders is an event to be held on June 9th on the Yonkers Waterfront. The entrance to the event is The Yonkers Riverfront Library located at 1 Larkin Center, Yonkers N.Y.10701. The Event is being sponsored by The Yonkers Downtown Waterfront BID and the Yonkers Library System and organized by The Westchester Guardian and Yonkers Tribune Newspapers, WGRN Radio and Dennis Sheehan. The hours of Books Without Borders will be from 10am to 4 pm.

Seminars, workshops and panel discussions will be held throughout the day and will be listed on the event map available at the Library the day of the event. Authors will be able to sell books and promote themselves and their work. Booksellers will be selling books and allowing the community to familiarize themselves with the bookstores in the Westchester and New York area. Agents, publishers and distributors are attending and holding workshops and seminars, some participating in the panel discussions.

The event is free!

Those wishing to sell books must complete a Registration Packet which includes the City of Yonkers vendors permit application. The permit application requires a fee and must be completed and returned with a photo ID. The Registration Packets are available upon request by emailing Dennis Sheehan at purchasedpowerbysheehan@gmail.com or call 914-262-1730 or Jessica Ardrey at jardrey@yonkersdowntown.com or call 914-969-6660. If you are selling Books you are invited to bring your own table. A table may be rented in advance through the Yonkers Downtown BID for a rental fee of $10. If you wish to do so, make sure to check the appropriate box in the Registration Packet and include the required fee.

Registration deadline May 11th.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate

    I must be LUCKY,I live about 12.5 miles from the event. I had sign up for it when I first heard about from Dennis Sheehan in a LinkedIn group we both belong to.

    I'll be there with my award winning children's book, "A Lesson My Cat Taught Me". The book was a runner-up in the 2011 Smart Writ Awards - Children's Books Category. [http://www.book-lovers.net] Please note for some reason in the virtual award presentation video they used the original cover for the book, which I had while I still had a contract with my small press publisher]

    The book is available on Amazon.com and on
    http://www.createspace.com/3447169 where I'm offering a 10% discount when the code P9QC34Q9 is entered when checking out.

    Saul Weber

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.