Pages

New Tenants

I usually write in the afternoons and late at night. These are the times when I feel most creative and connected with the characters in my head. But sometimes, like this morning, I wake up to a new character having just moved into a new apartment complex in my head. I officially have a city of them now. They can get noisy, but most of the time, I can keep them contained until I feel it's time to let them lose.

I love walking up excited to write a new story. I grab my phone Joe and start typing away when my notebook Stan hasn't gotten a chance to wake up yet. Usually, I think about the progression of the work before even sitting down, but the moment I opened my eyes this morning, Dax was already walking into Pinky's, a club with the best nachos in Silver City. And there we are, the beginning of a new story. I wasn't supposed to write anything this month because I'm currently decompressing from editing Taste and preparing myself mentally for the editing of Til Death to come. But when a character like Dax enters your life, you can't sit around and ignore his story. Man, my heart is pounding so hard as I type up this blog post. My fingers are shaking so badly, I can't even hit the keys properly. I tell you, the backspace has been used countless times during this composition.

I can't wait to see where Dax leads me. It's one of those times when I don't know the story and I have to take it a chapter at a time. That's what happened with Impulse. It came out organically the way it is today. I'm not even sure which genre in YA Dax's story falls under. I don't even have a title. Heck, I'm still thinking of the chapter title. But one thing is for sure, I'm super excited.

5 comments:

  1. Eeeeee! New story! New characters! :"D A club with the best nachos, huh? Color me intrigued~

    Good morning, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, babe! Yeah. I'm writing the first chapter now. Can't wait to show you.

      Delete
  2. Wow, you haven't even really given out any details, but your enthusiasm has me excited!

    Thanks for the welcome on BB, new follower!

    Kelly
    Radiant Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind welcome and best of luck with your writing. I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.
    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I know how that feels. It's such a good feeling. Let the sleepless nights begin...

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.