Pages

Introspective


It’s been a little over a week since Taste was released into the world and this is the first chance I’ve gotten to really sit still and take in the monumental event. There are many big events in a writer’s life: the spark of inspiration, the moment the book finds a home, and the day the book is released, among others. The third is probably the most nerve-wracking part of the whole process because it’s the time when the writer has no control over the novel anymore, it’s up to the world to pick up the finish product and read. And all the writer can do is live on good faith and move on to the next project.

When I first decided to pursue a career as a writer, I did the scariest thing: quit my day job and take a chance. First of all, I do not condone quitting your day job unless you have someone willing to support you while you make your way. I’ve been lucky that my parents continue to support me during this wild ride. Like the artists from the Renaissance, I was sponsored and kept from starving on the streets. Okay, I’ll stop here because I don’t want to start blubbering while I’m typing this post.

Taste is the first of my babies to enter the world. First out of the gate, and I couldn’t be prouder to share her story with everyone. As a writer, the most I can ask is for the story to be read, beyond that isn’t my place anymore. Like it or leave it, I have no control over that. But, like any parent, I wake up praying my baby does well.

And speaking of waking up, I think I’m still dreaming. To actually see Taste on Amazon and Barnes & Noble is such a surreal experience. My book is one of the many that people can purchase now. How awesome is that?

From the get go, I always believed my work would get published. Of course, there were days when my belief faltered and I needed those around me to help pick myself up. And it wasn’t an easy road by any measure. But I knew deep down that Taste would see the light of day.

With one of my babies already out there, I turn my focus to those who are in the process of preparing themselves for the world. I’m gearing up to edit ‘Til Death, my YA urban fantasy with Entangled and Reaping Me Softly, another paranormal romance, with Omnific. I’m itching to get started. I’ve realized through this journey that I’ve come to love the editing process. Watch out for a post on that one.

In a couple of days I turn another year older, and as I look back at a year full of wonderful events in my life, I smile and say thanks. To believe is to really let the universe help you achieve. Okay, I’ll be the first to admit the line sounds cheesy, but after everything that’s happened to me, I wouldn’t discount it as truth.

So, since it’s my birthday this Friday, I’m planning a special giveaway for all the readers out there who give their time to the books authors write. It’s my own little way of saying thank you to all of you who make writing such a worthwhile experience. Stay tuned. I’ll be right back. 


And while you're waiting, grab your copy of Taste now. If you already have, tell your friends about Taste so they can grab theirs and join in on all the fun happening at Barinkoff Academy.


Go #TeamBarinkoff

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.