Pages

Rock of Ages Rocked!


I got my movie fix for the week yesterday and boy what a fun movie it was.

Rock of Ages rocked my world!

Okay, corny and cheesy for a pun, but it’s true.

I had so much fun watching this movie that it made me curious about the Broadway version.

Rock of Ages follows several storylines that all eventually intersect. You have the hometown girl who travels to the big city in the hopes of making it big. You have the bar back who wants to play rock ‘n’ roll on the big stage. You have the jaded rock star that has gotten too big for his shoes. Then there are the minor storylines like the bar owner trying to do everything he can to keep his bar open. The religious woman trying to get the bar closed. And the owner of a strip club with a golden heart. Did I miss anything?

If the title doesn’t show it yet, this movie is a musical. And the songs make up the soundtrack of my life. Anything that has Bon Jovi in it automatically takes my heart. And to have Tom Cruise sing it? Well, you have to see it to believe it. If you’re a GLEE fan, then you know the song Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey. We Built This City by Starship, Keep On Lovin' You by REO Speedwagon, Waiting For a Girl Like You by Foreigner…the list goes on and on.

Diego Boneta and Julianne Hough play Drew Boley and Sherrie Christian respectively. I think they did a pretty good job playing the leads for this movie. But the stand out of the whole thing is Tom Cruise as Stacee Jaxx. He is magnetic on screen. I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen every time Stacee Jaxx was on. And the girls fainting every time he passed by was completely hilarious. Then there’s that steamy scene involving Malin Akerman as Constance Sack (the Rolling Stones reporter). My jaw dropped. It was both funny and hot at the same time.

If you’re looking for something to watch this weekend, make it Rock of Ages. You will be singing along. It’s a fun movie with drama and comedy and awesome songs. Musicals aren’t dead. I would definitely watch Rock of Ages again, if only to stare and drool at Stacee Jaxx.      


2 comments:

  1. LOL! Today, I'm going to go see Snow White and The Huntsman. But Rock of Ages does look interesting. Tom Cruise is HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.