Pages

Signs


I’m a big believer in signs. Everything I do in life now is driven by the signs I pick up along the way. Many think signs are just a set of coincidences, and I’m fine with that because everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. I’m learning every day not to be so judgmental and angry with the world around me and accept what comes as it comes.

Let me show you an example of how signs work in my life.

The season finale of Touch aired a couple of days back, but I haven’t watched it until a few minutes ago. I believe that this was the right time to watch it because it wouldn’t have made sense to me or affected me the way it did in this moment if I had watched it on the day it aired. You see, I read something today. Something that made me sad. Sometimes, no matter how strong we think we are, we cannot help how the carelessness of others makes us feel. Well, the carelessness of someone, who thought she had the right to express every thought in her head, no matter how negative, made me sad. But, again, this is her opinion, which I cannot dispute. I just wish people were nicer to one another. I think the world would be a better place because of it.

I digress again.

I felt lost because of the sadness I had in my heart. I didn’t know what to think or do. Then I sat down to watch the final episode of Touch. You see, what I like about Touch is that it centers around the premise that we are all connected. That everything we do has a ripple effect. Every week, I watched the show avidly. So, I gave in to watching the final episode, and it gave me just what I needed to let go of someone else’s carelessness and feel better. You see, the episodes of Touch are multi-layered yet connected somehow. In this final episode, a man was travelling the world to film musicians singing the same song. The song was only revealed at the end of the episode. And one of the lines of the song is “Every little thing's gonna be alright.” At that moment, I felt my burden lift and I began to breathe freely. I was meant to watch the episode today when I needed it the most.

Anything in life can be a sign, especially when you’re doing what you love doing or when you’re on the right path. How do you know if you’re on the right path? Everything seems to click into place for you. Sure, there will be bumps along the way, but that’s how life is. Each and every bump, pebble, rock, bolder blocking our path is put there to either teach us something or force us to find a way around.

I know I’m starting to sound wonky, but it gives me the shivers every time a sign leads me to where I need to go. I wasn’t good at it at first. Now, I’m still finding my way, but I smile at the fact that the universe is good and provides what I need when I need it. Take the example of the ending of Touch episode twelve. I needed something to lift my spirit and it did.

When things are meant to happen, you feel it in your gut. People say there’s always a silver lining because it’s true. Whatever may be happening at this moment, good or bad, it’s for a purpose. Everything is connected. The answers may not be obvious today or tomorrow because it’s not the right time to be obvious, but when it does, you’ll see that it all makes sense. 


Here's the song, if you want to take a listen: 



"Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', ("This is my message to you-ou-ou:")

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry (don't worry) 'bout a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
Smiled with the risin' sun,
Three little birds
Pitch by my doorstep
Singin' sweet songs
Of melodies pure and true,
Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, worry about a thing, oh!
Every little thing gonna be all right. Don't worry!"
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing" - I won't worry!
"'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."

Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right" - I won't worry!
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
Singin': "Don't worry about a thing, oh no!
'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!

3 comments:

  1. Well said, Kate! :D It's easy to get lost along the way and sometimes something simple, like the line of a song, is enough to help us find our way again. Wonky? Yeah, a little, but still true. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song, such a good message!
    I don't think you sound 'wonky' at all, I am a firm believer in signs too, and that seems perfect. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love Bob Marley, his music always makes me smile :) As a matter of fact my favorite song is by him, 'No Woman No Cry'. I believe in signs too, and couldn't tell you how many times a little sign has helped me to move on or make a difficult decision.
    Chrystina

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.