Pages

Radio Interview Gratitude

Those closest to me know I'm not a very morning person. Ever since I was little, I was already attached to the concept of sleep. My mother always told me I was an easy baby. She would give me a bottle before she put me to bed and I would sleep the whole night, waking up the next day at around 7. See? Even then I loved sleep.

Of course, as I got older, I only got crabbier when it came to being woken up earlier than usual. I don't sleep til noon, mind you, but I don't relish waking up before the sun either. Friends from college knew never to call me before 10am if they wanted a less profane conversation. Like poking a sleeping bear, those who made the mistake of making my phone ring while my eyes were still firmly closed.

Anyway, I have been up since 5 this morning in preparation for the talk I was to give my friend's Philippine Literature in English class that starts at 7 freakin' AM. Who thought of that schedule? I pretty much told her I didn't wake up that early for just anyone. That she was lucky I loved her like a sister. I think the talk went well. I mean, I got a few laughs here and there, which in my book is considered a success. Tomorrow, I repeat the performance all over again. This time at a more decent hour, but to a bigger audience. *Excited*

Yesterday, I woke up early for a wholly different reason. If you're a close follower of this blog, you would know that I had a radio interview. Let me tell you, I had so much fun. It helped that the host was so easy to talk too. I didn't feel conscious at all. I didn't even feel like I was on the radio until the text messages started pouring in. That's when the thought hit me that people were actually listening, that they were tuned in to the program. It's surreal--as most of this writing journey has been.

So, I would like to take this moment to thank Marybeth Nave for having me as a guest on her show, Tuesdays with Marybeth. I couldn't believe that the second time around was equally, if not even more fun. I look forward to the next time. And according to an email MB received while we were having lunch that there will be a next time. So, if you missed the interview yesterday, don't fret, another is coming in the near future.

I would also like to thank those who tuned in and sent messages. I hope I was able to answer some of your questions. I would also like to thank those who greeted my mother as well. She was very happy to hear from all of you. 

Oh, and in a non sequitur (but still connected to saying thank you), I would like to thank those who helped me pick the four dresses I will bring to Vegas. I'm packing this Friday, and all your votes made the process so much easier.

Also, stay tuned for my next post. I will be announcing a book signing in Las Vegas that I am a part of with five other authors. More information as to the venue, date, time, and who's coming in the next post. Can't wait to tell you all about that one.

Have a great day and stay awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.