Pages

Dreams

Lately, I've been having the same dream. I guess I can officially call it recurring because it's the same thing most nights. Thankfully it's not every night, but it happens often enough that I take notice.

The actual dream I don't remember. It's what happens when I wake up that makes me pause because it's the same thing over and over.

I wake up from the dream I can't remember then I sit up in bed and look at my side table. In my head I know there is something that's supposed to be there, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it's supposed to be. So, I spend a couple of minutes, still sitting in my bed, looking around my room in search of whatever it is I thought is missing from my bedside table. When I can't find it or frustration hits because I can't remember what I'm looking for, I go back to sleep.

The weird thing is that this can't be the dream because I know I'm fully awake when I sit up. It's the same thing. I look at my bedside table for that "thing"--whatever it is--and not seeing it there I look around my room for it.

I don't know why this keeps happening, what it means, or what causes it. Maybe you can share some insight?

What is this missing thing I can't seem to find? *scratches head*

5 comments:

  1. Your new release Reaping Me Softly is not available in Canada, at least not yet. Will there be release date soon or should I try through Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be available in Canada. It just takes some times to upload. Let me know when it does. :-)

      Delete
  2. THat is a creepy dream! I wonder what it means? Perhaps you are needing something in real life and your subconcious is telling you that you need it, and you need it closeby?

    I have had a recurring dream where in it, I'm desperately trying to wake up. And then I do. Only to realize that I have only dreamed I woke up, and I'm still sleeping, still dreaming, trying to wake up. And then I wake up and wonder if I'm still dreaming, or if I'm really awake. So strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? But I like your interpretation. Maybe that's it. Maybe my brain is saying something is missing but I don't get what it is.

      Your dream would freak me out. It's like being in the Matrix. You don't know if you're really awake.

      Delete
  3. That is creepy. Are you still having the dream? I'm curious whether writng this blog post helped to resolve the issue.

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.