Pages

Editing State of Mind

I'm in an editing state of mind.

Just finished writing Unreap My Heart, the second book to the Reaper Song series with Omnific Publishing. There's a certain liberation that comes with that. But being the busy bee that I am at the moment, I'm waiving my usual down time and revving up my brain for editing.

There's lots to do. I think the first quarter of my year is fully booked. All the writing I love each and every day.

At the moment, it's all about editing. First it's editing Angie's Juju's Child. Any publisher would be lucky to acquire this novel. Every time Angie edits it the story gets better and better. I'm loving the read each and every time.

Afterwards, I'm moving forward with Til Death. Editorial notes just came in, which is always exciting. My process is I read the notes once, mull them over, reread the notes again, make notes from the notes, then actually start the editing. I have several ideas already about making the story stronger based on the notes.

If you've been a long time reader of this blog, you'll know editing is my favorite part of the writing process. Since I already have something to work with, the notes actually points me in the right direction, opens up several avenues I hadn't seen before the notes. *rubs hands together* There's nothing more exciting than editing a novel because I know the story can only get better. So when you're reading something and you think it isn't particularly good, imagine the original version.

Besides the editing, I'm gearing up for the Taste Blog Tour. Four days left. Twenty-three blogs participating. Lots of reviews, guest posts, and a giveaway to look forward to.

Catch you all on the flipside!

2 comments:

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.