Pages

Time to Celebrate

It's a great feeling submitting a newly edited novel. No matter how many passes you get in the editing process, the feeling after each one is the same. At least, for me it is. Whenever I get editorial notes or line edits, the inevitable uncertainty sets in for a day. What will I do? Is it the right thing? Then when I get my head straight, I dive right in and keep going until I finish.

Some days, when I feel like I've gone through a hundred pages of edits, I reward myself. Little things. Usually French fries. Then I go for my nightly walk. It's simple, but it makes me so happy. Like I truly accomplished something at the end of the day. I've never felt this way about anything else in my life.

So, after finishing my edits for Til Death last night, I hit send and take a deep breath. Another task done, and ready for the new one to start.

Today, I start rewrites for a super secret project I submitted a while back. The planned release is this summer, so you don't have to wait long.

Anyway, I knew early on what the problems of the manuscript were. I didn't see them while I was writing the story at the time, but after having submitted it, the problems became clear. These problems were validated by the editorial notes I got from my awesome editor. We were thinking in sync, and after the most ah-mazing Skype conversation yesternight, I knew what I had to do. A complete and utter rewrite of the thing, and I couldn't be more excited.

With this little update, I leave you to enter my writing cave. I will of course check in from time to time and add some new posts. I just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Oh, and before I forget, for my peeps in the Philippines, new copies of Taste and Reaping Me Softly are not available for order. They are P600 each. Get both books or get your friends to buy with you and the delivery is free. You get the books the next day. So, if you're interested, send me an email and I'll give you the details.

Have a great week ahead, everyone!

Kate, over and out.

3 comments:

  1. Who hoo, can't wait for your super secrecy project. Glad you're excited about the rewrite. I'll be waiting for it when you crawl out of your cave. I still have a bottle of citrus body spray to spritz you off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggles* I actually have the first 2 chapters already. Writing the second two today. :-)

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! I know that feeling! :D Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.