Pages

The Conjuring

           I will be the first to admit that I’m a big scaredy, fraidy cat. Yet, I love watching scary movies. I know I won’t be able to sleep, but that’s never stopped me. *laughs*

            The Conjuring is the first scary movie I’ve watched in a while and I must say that I looked away from the screen several times throughout this movie. It’s The Exorcist meets Amityville Horror.

            It’s said that this movie is based on a true story. In Hollywood, oftentimes it’s difficult to separate what’s fact from fiction, what’s reality and what’s amped up for entertainment purposes. As I watched, I wasn’t sure. What happened to the Perron family seems so fantastical and beyond creepy.

            I think what I loved the most about this movie were the Warrens. Paranormal Investigation has been around for as long as the belief in the supernatural. So long as there are people being terrorized by the unexplained, there will be people who live for finding explanations. This is the first time I’ve heard about the Warrens, but they fascinate me. In the movie, it is shown that they have a room in their house where they hold all the haunted artefacts that they’ve collected through the years. I so hope this room is true because it seems so awesome.

            Should you watch The Conjuring? Of course. It’s a fun scare fest. There was this guy in the cinema who whispered that the scares in the movie were predictable, yet when it came time to scream, he yelped the loudest. *shakes head and grins* I say, if the jaded movie goer is freaked out then the movie is worth your while.    


2 comments:

  1. I'd admit, I absolutely cannot watch horror movies of any kind! I still have to cover my TV after watching the original Japanese version of The Ring, and that was over 10 years ago! Yup, I'm paranoid, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so scared when watching horror movies. I always hide my eyes and have trouble sleeping that night.

    That said, I (still can't believe it) didn't get scared watching the Conjuring. I even forced myself to keep my eyes opened. The only time I shouted was when the ball came spiraling out of the darkness.

    I don't know if it was because of Patrick Wilson (yeah probably because of him) or the fact that I was too engrossed in the Warrens (haha again Patrick Wilson). I grew up reading about them and watching their interviews on the show, A Haunting, so I was very interested in how this movie would turn out.

    Yeah Hollywood embellished quite a bit. The doll Annabel. Ha! The original doll was a giant Raggedy Ann (guess that wasn't scary enough).

    As to the room full of artifacts: The Warrens, (well Lorraine and her son-in-law, Ed passed away a few years back,) run a Museum at their home. I hear it's really expensive to take a tour. You can even see (the not so spooky) Annabel in her glass case.

    ReplyDelete

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.