Pages

Arianne Cruz Reviews: Bitten by R.L. Stine

With the craziness of October, I have one blogger feature left. Everyone, meet Arianne:

 Welcome to my castle :)

This blog will feature my creative side with some real-life updates. I don't know how interesting it will be, but with a little imagination, I'm sure I can entice you to keep reading. Stick around at your own risk. You've been warned ;)

She reviews more than just novels and I love the way her blog looks. Check it out here.

Today she reviews R.L. Stine's Bitten.

Take it away, Arianne!

~*~

If you read my blogs, you know that I am IN LOVE with vampires. This book was sent to me for free when I bought the Vampire Academy and Blue Bloods series as a complimentary book. I read it in two days. Naturally, that means the book is good, right? Wrong.

I love the whole essence of vampirism because it is portrayed as sensual and hypnotizing. However, this book was the exact opposite. It was gross and gut-wrenching. It will definitely not going to stay in my bookshelf. The writing was great as far as the descriptions. It really gave me an image of each scene, including the really gruesome parts. But as far as the story goes, I'm not a fan of vampires turning into bats and the author describing the whole process. I'm also not a fan of detailing how they eat the animals and rip their heads off, etc. That really turned me off. This book is a true horror story. If you like books that are scary, this book is for you. But if you are into stories like the House of Night, Morganville Vampires, Vampire Academy, etc, this book might not be a good pick. At least it wasn't for me.

~*~

Short but definitely sweet. R.L. Stine is old school YA and I love him! Thank you so much for sending over the review, Arianne! It's always a pleasure having you take over the blog. 

Oh, by the way, Arianne reviews each episode of the Originals. You should check them out on her blog. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me! I also review The Vampire Diaries :-) Hope I can visit here again someday!

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.