Pages

Best Foundation EVER!

             I want to start off by declaring 2014 the Year of Sharing! There are so many things I discover during my adventures that I want to share with all of you. Sometimes I forget. Well, not anymore. Whenever time permits I will sit down and share something with all of you.

            Let’s begin with foundation. Gentlemen, I give you permission to leave the room. *raises finger* But, if you love the woman in your life, I suggest take a seat. You might just learn something. That goes for anyone who wears make up on a daily basis.

            Because of my horrible complexion, I started wearing foundation at 6th grade. My mother started me on it. Not makeup, mind you. Just foundation to even out my skin tone and hide my ample supply of blemishes. Think Edward in Edward Scissorhands when Peg the Avon Lady was giving him a makeup makeover. *eye roll* For several years my face was one of my main insecurities. I could never leave the house without at least one layer of foundation on and powder. On really bad days, I needed concealer too, but that’s a whole different topic. I was always afraid of what people might think if they saw just how red my pimples were or how blotchy my skin got. Basically, I considered those years a living nightmare.


            Since I practically grew up wearing foundation, it became an obsession of mine. My mission? Find the right one for my face. In my exhaustive search, I’ve run the gamut of super expensive, expensive, moderately pricy, affordable, and dirt cheap. Since my face is a mix of oily in my T-zone and dry in the outer areas, I could never find the right mix that would give me full coverage and would stay on for the whole day without me looking like a melting snowman by the time I got home. I hate caking on powder just to look refreshed again. Ugh!

            I realized some of the thicker foundations clogged my pores so much that I’d get rashes. Not good. A rash on top of pimples? Oi! Not a pretty picture. No wonder, to this day, I hate getting my picture taken. Or at least I’m not a hundred percent comfortable. This led me to switch to BB Cream. The Korean kind to be exact.

            I found out that BB Cream gives me the right mix of coverage and staying power. Plus it’s light enough that it came off easily when I washed my face at the end of the day. Hence, no pore clogging issues. For years I stayed away from foundation of any kind and just stuck with BB Cream. The results were fairly good. I got the smooth complexion I wanted without looking like I put a cake on my face.

            Then I read an editor’s choice article on Yahoo declaring Revlon’s Colorstay Whippedfoundation one of her top picks for 2013. Normally, I don’t pay attention to articles like this because I have a habit of staying with what works for me. What made me stay and read the article was one little line. The editor mentioned she had oily skin and found that the Colorstay Whipped foundation gave her best coverage and stayed on her face the entire day. Since I’d just run out of BB Cream and was looking to buy more, I decided, what the hell? So I went out and bought a jar.

            I was skeptical at first, but when I prepped my face to use it I fell in love. The creamy consistency allowed for smooth application. Since I use my fingers to apply foundation, I always had a problem when the product stuck more to my fingers than my face. This wasn’t the case for Colorstay. A single dot was enough to cover an entire cheek, and the blending was instant. Just a few circular strokes and your home free.

            Since I’m from the Philippines where humidity is my number one enemy when it comes to makeup longevity, I took Colorstay for a test run. The entire day it stayed on with very little touch up on my part. In fact, I didn’t even feel like going to the powder room to freshen up. When they say 24hrs. on the lid, I think they really do mean it. I’ve never worn foundation this easy to apply yet stayed on for an entire day.


            I’m in love. And when I’m in love, I have to gush. So, consider this my first sharing of the year. If you’re looking for a new foundation to try, make it Revlon’s Colorstay Whipped. I’m pretty sure that if it works well on oil skin like mine, it’ll definitely work for normal to dry skin as well. I’ve found the foundation of my dreams and it’s the affordable kind. What about you? What do you normally use? Are you satisfied with it?

            Alright, that’s it for me. I’m no beauty expert, so I’m going back to my writing. Have a great day, lovelies!


4 comments:

  1. Now you might have sold me! I also have problem skin, and I love Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation. But it is very heavy, and something light sounds nice. I am going to have to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to tell me how it goes. I'd love feedback!

      Delete
  2. good for you, i'm still trying to find a foundation that suits me... so far i'm having no such luck :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the Revlon. It might just be the one for you. Oi! Look at me trying to convince you. Revlon should send me a case of this stuff. *laughs*

      Delete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.