Pages

Dreams Do Come True

            Today a dream came true for me. I got to see my books on the shelves at my local bookstore. I cried. I’m not afraid to admit it. The store was full of people busy buying school supplies and other books. I cried with two sales ladies flanking me. They didn’t know whether to hug me or take a picture with me. I’m so glad they didn’t do either because I was currently staring at my book wedged between other titles like it belonged. And it did belong. Dammit, it did! Okay, I may be crying again.

            When I decided to pursue a career as a writer, every time I would pass a bookstore I would imagine my book on the shelves. Then I would imagine having my own section at the front. You know where they create pyramids of your book? Basically become the featured book? You know…the one’s at the front of the store? Anyway, I would do that. For years I would do that for each and every bookstore I passed. I would even go into the store, amble into the Teens Section and find where E would be and imagine my book between authors with the last name that started with the letter E. Well, since my last name has a V for the second letter, I imagine myself ending the E section and nestled beside the beginning of the F books.

            Six books later it’s finally sunk in that I’m a published author, that I’m a writer. Just when you think dreams don’t come true for you as they do for others something beautiful happens and then you realize “Hey, my dream just came true!”

            This is a big day for me. Huge. It was truly an “I can die happy” moment.

            In a few days, another dream will come true for me, but I’m not focusing on that right now. I’m attempting to live in the moment where I’m writing this post to put all this into perspective for me.

            If you’re a writer who is currently struggling, don’t give up. Don’t ever give up. Because if you do, the chances of your dreams coming true will disappear. Remember, as long as you keep moving forward, as long as you keep trying, keep working hard, finding another way, there is still a chance that the things you visualize will become reality.

            It happened to me. It continues to happen to me. It can definitely happen to you.

            My next dream?

            Silver screen, baby! 

            Let's all visualize this together. *winks*
   

5 comments:

  1. Such an uplifting post! I love to write stories but haven't had the faith in myself to put it out there yet. I am crying with you now because I can visualize how that would feel for you. I am happy for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    You always have to fight for your dreams.
    Never Give up Kate :) we are here to read your books.
    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome. Good tears are nothing to be ashamed about. Congratulations on seeing your dream come true. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! *cries again*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Kate :)

    Yeah! You have made it girl!

    ReplyDelete

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.