Pages

Goodbye, Robin.

There are very few actors I associate my childhood with. One of them is Robin Williams. From Mrs. Doubtfire to Hook to Dead Poets Society, he's made me laugh until I couldn't breathe and he's made me cry until I was numb. He's one of those actors you follow anywhere. I've watched his movies, his TV shows, his stand up comedy, even his talk show appearances.

So when I woke up today to the news of his death of an apparent suicide, to say I'm devastated is an understatement.

Right now, I think I'm mostly in shock.

It's like losing a part of yourself. Sure, his movies will live on. And with the internet, no body is really gone forever. He doesn't know who I am. I'm just one of his multitude of fans. But his death affects me so much it's ridiculous.

As a fan, I always held on to this fantasy of meeting him. I wanted to see for myself if he was as funny in person as he was on screen. Now that won't happen anymore. I mean, it might not have happened anyway, but I still held on to that hope.

Today, I'm staying in bed watching all of my favorite movies of his. Here's my line up if you want to follow along:

Mrs. Doubtfire


Hook


Patch Adams


Good Morning, Vietnam


Dead Poets Society



You will be missed, Robin. You will be missed terribly.


1 comment:

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.