When I was writing No Love Allowed, there was one song that really embodied the story. If you listen to the lyrics of Love Somebody by Maroon 5 you’ll definitely see the connection with No Love Allowed. Especially the lines:
I know your insides are feeling so hollow
And it's a hard pill for you to swallow, yeah
But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
If I fall for you, I'll never be the same
These show Didi’s and Caleb’s characters. Didi having bipolar disorder leaves her feeling hollow and Caleb is so afraid to fall in love that when he finally does it changes him forever. I recommend playing this song on repeat while reading the book.
As for the rest of the playlist, here’s Caleb’s First Date list which is part of the Swoonworthy Extras found at the back of the book.
1. For the First Time by The Script
2. Love Somebody by Maroon 5
3. Take Me to Church by Hozier
4. Miss Missing You by Fall Out Boy
5. (Kissed You) Good Night by Gloriana
6. Trying Not To Love You by Nickelback
7. You’re All I Have by Snow Patrol
8. Romeo and Juliet by The Killers
9. Stubborn Love by The Lumineers
10. Girl You’re Alright by Paul Otten
11. The Shape I Found You In by Girlyman
12. Not Alone by Darren Criss
13. Overjoyed by Bastille
The background story for this list is on the flight back to the States, to keep himself from going crazy over missing Didi and the all-consuming guilt of leaving her, Caleb put this playlist together in anticipation of the date he was planning so he could win her back. For fun put this playlist together and have it playing in the background while reading No Love Allowed.