Pages

Ghostbusters


Before you get mad at me, I say skip this one if you're not a fan of the Ghostbusters reboot. I know the reviews weren't that great, but I personally enjoyed the movie. Which is why I wanted to devote at least one post to it for my October challenge.

Growing up with the original Ghostbusters, I never thought the day would come that someone would actually remake the movie with four women in the key roles. The moment the news confirmed Melissa McCarthy was involved I was sold. I loved her from her Gilmore Girls days and I've never looked back. Every movie she's in I will watch, no matter what.

It's nice to know that a new generation of girls have a group of awesome, funny women to look up to the way I wanted to be part of the original crew. Slimer is totally my buddy.

The only thing I regret about watching the movie is not staying until the end of the credits. Apparently, there's a scene where Zuul is introduced. Dammit!

Also refreshing is the cameos from the original cast. My heart leaped every time I recognized each one of them. My favorite of the four women has to be Kate McKinnon's character. She was insane in all the good ways.

I could go on and on about this movie. If you haven't watched it yet out of loyalty for the original then there's really not much I can say to convince you. But for those who haven't seen it yet and want something for the weekend, check out the trailer:


Come back tomorrow for another October-related post. You'll want to read this one, promise.

For now, this is Kate, signing out!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.