Pages

Penny Dreadful

I have another TV series for you that is perfect for October. Actually, there is a theme to my recommendations, if you've noticed. All the shows involve the paranormal. I watch all of them and I want you to watch them too. If you have any suggestions that I have not tackled with my posts, feel free to add them in the comments section so I can check them out as well.

For today's post, I'm focusing on Penny Dreadful. The series wrapped after three seasons because the creator said in an interview that he really envisioned Vanessa Ives's story arc ending after twenty-seven episodes.

What I love about this series is the creativity. It brings together all the gothic creatures that we know all too well and have them interact with each other. It's sexy, eerie, and hello, Josh Hartnett. I was pleasantly surprised since I hadn't seen him in anything until this series. Also, anything with Eva Green is an automatic watch/buy for me. She's just fantastic.

Here's the trailer for the first season:


And an interview with the creator:


If you're looking for something out of the box to watch, Penny Dreadful is for you. With only 27 eps, it's the perfect series to binge watch for Halloween. Oh, and the costumes! Eva Green's dresses are epic. If I were to cosplay she would be my peg.

Will you watch Penny Dreadful? If you've already watched it, what do you think of the series? Was the series finale a great ending to Vanessa's story? Let me know in the comments section.

Then check back with me here tomorrow because I have another post involving the paranormal.

For now, this is Kate, signing out!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.