Pages

Tarot Reading

Today is an extra special post because it combines a couple of videos, a Bizarre States podcast episode, and my personal experience.

When I was in high school a classmate of mine was into the occult. She bought a tarot deck, which I eventually inherited because she found religion. But we won't get into that.

For those not familiar with the word tarot, according to Wiki:

The tarot (/ˈtæroʊ/; first known as trionfi and later as tarocchi, tarock, and others) is a pack of playing cards (most commonly numbering 78), used from the mid-15th century in various parts of Europe to play a group of card games such as Italian tarocchini and French tarot. From the late 18th century until the present time the tarot has also found use by mystics and occultists for divination.

Read the rest of the article by clicking here.

When you're having your tarot read the deck of cards is used to answer a certain question you might have. It's usually about love, the future, or something you're unsure about. Sometimes, when I used to do readings (which I became really good at, by the way) there didn't need to be a specific question. The person just wanted a general reading. I never charged for the service. I did it for the fun of it.

My favorite spread was called the Celtic Cross because it covered a variety of aspects in a person's life including the past, the present, and the future. The two videos I'm featuring in this post tackle the Cletic Cross in more detail.

The first video is from Daily Tarot Girl.


The second one is from virtualtarotschool.


If you liked their videos, make sure to subscribe to their YouTube channels by clicking on the links provided.

I stopped reading years ago and gave away the deck I received from my classmate in high school. But I'm thinking of restarting again. I'm actually looking into which deck to buy. It needs to be the right one or I wouldn't do it at all. I believe you need a personal connection with your deck in order to be effective while performing a reading. When I finally find the right deck, I'll film a reading and post it here. So stay tuned.

For now, listen to this episode of the Bizarre States podcast where Jenna Busch does a tarot reading. It's quiet entertaining. I couldn't find the periscope video. *le sigh*


So have you experienced a tarot reading? Was your question answered? Or is this all baloney to you? Let me know in the comments section.

I hope you learned something new today. Make sure to come back tomorrow for another post.

For now, this is Kate, signing out!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2018 All Rights Reserved.