Pages

A Year In The Life

Confession: I'm a Gilmore Girl. Not just a fan, mind you. I live Gilmore Girls. I rewatch all the seasons at least once a year. I secretly want to be Lorelai's daughter and Rory's sister. Don't tell my mother.

After Amy Sherman-Palladino left the show, I was heartbroken. The seventh season suffered because of it. Spelling the end of the series.

For years I prayed for a movie. Begged the universe for closure. And it seemed I wasn't the only one because eight years later we got four new episodes that are all 90mins long. Basically, 4 movies that help sum up Lorelai's and Rory's stories.

I was ecstatic when I first found out. I couldn't wait to watch all of them. And since they were coming from Netflix I knew we would get all four at once. So I patiently waited for November 25th.

Now that it's here, I'm torn. I'm happy that I finally get the resolution I have been yearning for. And I'm sad because this is it. Four episodes. There's nothing more after.

When the idea of a movie was just floating around in the ether there was still hope. I guess we all willed new episodes into existence.

I just finished the first episode and it's beautiful. Check back with me in a few days. Yes, a few days. My mother insists we watch one a day. I agreed because I want the experience to last.

So see you here at a later date and I'll tell you how I feel after I hear those four last words.

What about you? Are you a fan? Have you watched all the episodes? No spoilers, please. If you're not a fan, is there a show you lament ending? Or is there a show you want more off? Let me know in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.