Pages

Jen Wilde Recommends Christmas Movies To Make You LOL

There are so many wonderful things about Christmas. Decorating the tree. Seeing the neighborhood come alive with twinkling lights and enough fake Santa’s and rooftop reindeer to think I’m in the North Pole and not the suburbs of Australia. Then, of course, there are the presents! And desserts! And Christmas carols!

But my favorite part about Christmas? It’s the movies. It’s no secret that I’m a huge movie dork, so here are my fave Christmas movies that are guaranteed to make you laugh out loud…

Home Alone


A Christmas classic! I’m a huge John Hughes fan, so Home Alone is a must-watch when Christmas rolls around. I remember watching this countless times with my family and being totally absorbed as Kevin crafted all his tricks and traps to confound Harry and Marv. The slapstick style comedy still makes me smile, and it only gets funnier in the sequel, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

Elf



This movie is so adorable. Will Ferrel with his cute outfit and even cuter Christmas spirit. Zooey Deschanel with her beautiful singing voice. Not to mention the sweet story at the centre. What I love most about this movie is Buddy’s childlike excitement for absolutely EVERYTHING. Growing up has a tendency to squeeze all the fun out of a lot of people, and this movie always reminds me to not be afraid of looking silly if it means being happy.

Just Friends



This movie makes me wish Ryan Reynolds did more comedy. His antics in Just Friends truly make me laugh out loud every time I watch it – I particularly love the whole ice-skating scene. His character’s relationship with his brother is so relatable to me as someone who grow up under the same roof with brothers and cousins always wrestling each other. I’m a sucker for friends-to-lovers stories (as readers of my books will know!), and this is the ultimate!There’s something* about this movie that just never fails to make me laugh.

It’s Ryan Reynolds. Ryan Reynolds is what makes me laugh.

Of course, these are just a few of my fave Christmas films. Movies like The Santa Clause, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Holiday and Die Hard are must-watches throughout December, too.

What are your favorite Christmas movies? 


Kate's Note:

Jen, I share your love for Ryan Reynolds! Thank you so much for taking over the blog today. I love all of these suggestions and have watched them all multiple times. Everyone, please take a moment to follow Jen on all her social. She has much goodness to share with all of you.









No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2016 All Rights Reserved.